Not recognizing my DVD-rom

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC is suddenly not.............Rom! I have restarted my computer but still nothing happened..even the DVD DRIVE LOGO(H:) - isn;t appearing. I am not good in computers so pls give me easy ans.

Hi

you need to remove the side of the PC with the power off and reseat the big grey cable and the little 4 wire cable,

then as the PC boots up look for the option to enter the BIOS, its a bit of a minefield for those who havent been in it but have a look around in their and see if their is anything related to secondary IDE channel and make sure its turned on.

regards

I think you did not understand my question fully. Please read my message

Hi! I am starting to love your services, like how you guys instantly response to my questions... But there is a little problem. I do not know how to ask questions to you guys, I am writting here thinking you might read this message and help me... And I think you do not understand my question about "MY PC is suddenly not responding to my DVD-ROM"
When I start my computer, and enter into the "MY COMPUTER', I see the DVD-ROM LOGO(H:) appearing for a few moment and then suddenly diappearing! The RED light (H.D.D) which bits on the CPU box glows on and on.....Like the PC has hanged.no matter how many time I restart my computer , the (H:) logo does not appear. Its very complex..
But when I start my computer a few hours later, the computer catches the DVD - Rom ( the logo appears for a few second) and then it suddenly disappears!!! I can't understand what has gone wrong with my computer ?! Please assist me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back