Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing

chrissof

Hi all you spotties out there...
can someone help me,please!?
my sons notebook,an HP G62-b 10sg with core i3,amd mobility 5470g running win7 ultimate has a heat-problem,shutting down frequently when gaming.I tried to clean it,could not get to ventilator cause I can not disassemble/dismantle the machine without destroying it(thank you HP!).well,long story short - I just cut away the plastic covering the vent,cleaned it with vacuumcleaner.so far so good.I installed win 7 on clean formatted hdd.installed all drivers needed.started up the da.. thing but the screen stays black although the system-sounds are playing (that little "I finished starting bleep").
tried everything.no way the display would light up.
installed os again,on oncemore formatted hdd,now it`s telling me that it can not identify the grafics,stops installing driver(from HP homepage) and any other driver (Lan,touchpad,sound) is,in that notebooks "mind" already installed (they are not,it was all clean cause formatted)...
if I just install win7 and nothing else everything is fine,well it`s not - because I can not access internet and video playback stutters.but the display lights up.What am I doing wrong?or is the thing just broken down due to heat? warranty was void before I cut the vent,as it is 2 and a half years old.
any suggestions,anyone?
(hope you get what I am trying to say,I´m from germany and not a native speaker/writer...)
Thanks in advance

Did this laptop come with Windows 7 Ultimate or did you purchase the OS and thus installed it?
Best bet for you is to get the HP Recovery CD or DVD for your model it will have all the drivers needed for your model. Basically it will install the HP Factory Windows 7 along with everything that's suppose to go with it. This process takes a few hours to run.

So contact HP Tech support tell them you need the Recovery CD/DVD for Model HP laptop. There is a cost for this so be aware. Then you won't have these issues saying graphic driver stopped because you don't have the correct drivers etc. The HP recovery will have all those installed.

Also with every HP system you get recovery with it but it's on the HD in it's own partition so whatever got installed might have blown out that partition and now you have an issue.

Thank you for your advice tipstir,I have already checked the HP site for recovery cd/dvd and yes it will cost me...I tried to avoid that,but it seems like I don´t have any other option,as even automated "driver finder "software did not work in this case.I don´t know though if I should really get that recorery dvd,it will cost me 40.-euro.(for a machine overheating anyway)
Recovery from HDD didn´t work,I should have secured everything on dvd after first load up when the laptop was still new...stupid me!

You did say you cleaned out the vents, but you should also invest in an aluminum base dual turbo cooling lap fan for your laptop.

See this link: http://www.deepcool-us.com/ProductList/Notebook_Cooler/
Yes you'll need those recovery disc from HP cost me $20 USD for my system. Can't use any other OS it has to be what tested. In my case it was Windows 8 Pro. Anyway. Get the disc and get the cooling lap base for your laptop. Make sure it's aluminum with the fans on it for better results.

Yes,tipstir,thought of getting that too.if that HP laptop will not come to life again I can still use it for my younger son´s laptop.it does not have heat issues yet,but the cooler the better,right?

The cooler is use to keep the laptop temp lower than it is now. HP/Compaq get really hot after a time. Even if the fan is cleaned out still gets hot. HDD that generates heat also. You could make a stand for it so the laptop is lifted off the table. If your good with your hands/handy person.

Back