ntfs.sys PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGE AREA bluescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgorbach

Hello everyone, I just found this site a few days ago and im very impressed. People here seem to be alot nicer than some of the other sites iv visited.
I just built a new computer for my aunt/uncle ... here are the stats
AOPEN I925-GMI mobo, pentium 4 530 3ghz, 2x512MB DDR400 ram. Simple case w/Generic 350W PSU. The system seems to be crashing periodicly (a few times a day, random times), with teh error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and mentioning ntfs.sys. I am using the integratedi intel videocard and integrated mobo sound. Currently runing memtest86 on it, has found nothign so far and its on the 3rd pass.
Can someone please help? If you need dumps il post them when i finish with 7 memtest86 passes.

Welcome aboard. Do post your mini dumps. I sure cpc will give them the once and the benefit of his knowledge.

thanks

thanks for the help cpc ... im surprised to here you say its the ram, memtest86 ran through 7 passes without returning any errors. I just reseated the two ram chips in different socks ... hopefully the problems will stop. I will post again if i get another crash. Is there any evidence it is the CPU?

im also noticing periodic strange behavior in the system such as the mouse moving randomly to a different spot or windows closing without me having told them to. dont know what this is ...

memtest is not a super tool to test RAM. Some faulty ram can pass memtest and that it the reason why I suggest to reseat the problen rather than running memtest. Attach more minidumps attach them here

i have a mind to go an get the processor chip replaced. Im seeing too much weird things going on in the system. I have not gotten a bluescreen since iv reseated the ram, but i have seen services stop randomly, IE windows close down spotanteously, and the mouse move by itself instantly to the opposite corner of the screen. Feels like a serious hardware problem to me. The reason i suspect the processor is this: When i first powered on the system, the processor cooling device was not quite bonded fully using the thermal pad. Therefore, the processor temperature reached something like 80C (or maybe it was more, i dont remember) befire I realized there was a problem, killed the windows install, shut down the computer and put the processor cooler on properly. When the system booted, i thought id gotten lucky and the processor was not the damaged, but now with the system being unstable as hell i think maybe i did damage some portion of the processor with the overheating.

BTW: CPC you've been wonderful. Thank you for your help! If you agree/disagree with my idea of replacing the processor let me know.

This is unbelieveable! Intel refuses to RMA the processor for some strange reason. They are asking for a second serial number from another processor i have tested with. Is this ridiculous or what? I have no idea whats going. Does anyone have previous expereince with intel RMAs?

I hav same problem

CPC2004, need your help. I experience the same blue screen error: Page Fault In Nonpage Area... can i post my dump file here?

Zipped here.

7 files in a total... (crashed 7 times.)

Thanks for the help cpc2004 ^_^/

By the way... can i hav any of your instant Messenger contact?

This is wat actually happens

I found out that this PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA blue screen pops up when i am trying to load an application or a game that will require video card operation... such as game emulators... and heavy graphic game (The House of Dead3).

There is no problem when using application such as IE, words, anti virus, and Media Players...

Does this actually means there are something wrong with my graphic card?

The failing module is ati2cqaq and your version is at Aug 26 2004. Upgrade ATI display card driver may resolve the problem.

One similar hit at google which occurs recently but it has no solution
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1333779398#post1333779398

Analysis report of your minidump
BugCheck 10000050, {bfd2a4c0, 0, bfd2a4c0, 0}
Could not read faulting driver name
TargetInfo::ReadBusData is not available in the current debug session

Probably caused by : ati2cqag.dll ( ati2cqag+8372 )
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: bfd2a4c0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: bfd2a4c0, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 00000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: bfd2a4c0

FAULTING_IP:
+ffffffffbfd2a4c0
bfd2a4c0 ?? ???

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 5
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: COMMON_SYSTEM_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from bfa44372 to bfd2a4c0

STACK_TEXT:
WARNING: Frame IP not in any known module. Following frames may be wrong.
ba24274c bfa44372 ba24279c 00007306 00000030 0xbfd2a4c0
00090246 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 ati2cqag+0x8372

FAILED_INSTRUCTION_ADDRESS:
+ffffffffbfd2a4c0
bfd2a4c0 ?? ???

FOLLOWUP_IP:
ati2cqag+8372
bfa44372 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
SYMBOL_NAME: ati2cqag+8372
MODULE_NAME: ati2cqag
IMAGE_NAME: ati2cqag.dll
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 412cc7fa
STACK_COMMAND: kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x50_CODE_AV_BAD_IP_ati2cqag+8372
BUCKET_ID: 0x50_CODE_AV_BAD_IP_ati2cqag+8372

Thanks CPC2004

After install the newer version of Display Driver, problem solved.

But... why does the origional driver file corrupt on it's own?? Harddisk fault?

Anyway... a very thank you to u cpc2004 ^^/

Hello. I seem to be having a similar problem. Whenever I run a game, my computer seems to reboot itself periodically and randomly. Sometimes, it won't boot up again, and I receive many different blue screens, such as PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, and Ntfs.sys error messages.

When I try to format and reinstall XP, which I am currently running, my computer will reboot itself spontaneously while it's copying files. I have tried this on 3 different hard drives, all with the similar problem.

I do not think it is the hard drive, although it could be. I have reseated the RAM, exchanged video cards, and cleaned the heatsink/fan of my processor. After I cleaned my processor heatsink/fan is when I started getting these errors, and XP would not boot successfully. It would reach the XP logo screen and then give me a blue screen with an error listed above.

I am sorry, I do not know what Minidump is, nor how to use it. I have not run any RAM or processor tests, because I do not know which programs to use, as you said, some programs are more reliable than others.

I am running a self-built P4 3.4GHz 800FSB, 2x512mb PC3200 RAM in Dual-channel, an ASROCK P4S55FX+ Motherboard, and an eVGA 5700Ultra. I also use an Audigy 2 ZS.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Your symptom is bad RAM.

Suggestion
1) Reseat memory to another slot and clean up the dust inside the the computer case.
2) Take out a memory stick if you have more than one memory stick
3) Downclock the RAM or CPU
4) Attach the minidump here and you can find the minidump at the c:\windows\minidump.

Hi everybody!
I'm from Italy. I have the same problem: random system crashes with blue screen (Page fault in nonpaged area). The file that gets the problem is Ntfs.sys. I really don't know about the cause.
I would like to post the zip file with my Minidumps, but I can't upload it. What have I to do?
Thank you in advance.

Paolo

Thank you so much, Cpc2004. Now I've posted a zip file with a few minidumps (most recents I mean). Could you try to analyze them and tell me what you think about?
Your help would be really appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Paolo

Attachments

• Mydump.zip
    75.9 KB · Views: 13
Your windows XP is at base level (ie 2001) and your Norton AV is the april 2005. Upgrade your XP to SP1 or SP2 latest patch. I don't want to waste my time to debug the Windows XP problems which is 4 years behind.

Sorry, Cpc2004, I try to explain what it happened. I've had to reinstall win xp and then get xp2 from the net. But if you take a look at this minidump, you can see a system crash after xp sp2 and latest upgrade of Norton Av.
The problem is the same that I had before.
Thank you for your help.

Paolo

Attachments

• Mini072905-01.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back