NTLDR Missing + Can't access bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, first time poster although i often come to the boards to find solutions. You'll have to bare with me as I'm not that computer savvy (even though i think i am). Basically I have a Fujistu Esprimo Mobile v5505. I got fed up of Vista and thought i would install my old XP pro. I partitioned my drive and installed XP, i then formatted the drive that Vista was on. I came back and when i turned on my computer i got the NTLDR is missing error, now i would be able to deal with this but I cant even enter the bios to change boot options (which were set to flash, cd, HD). Before I fiddled with my laptop I had the options on the Fujitsu load up screen to enter BIOS/change boot options etc not anymore. I hope someone can shed some light on this matter.

Cheers

Jason

well, if ur post happens too fast for u to see anything on the screen u can try to press the pause button on the keyboard
If it displays only the logo but not the post summary, try pressing esc key several times or try to hold down a key or you can also try different keys like (del, f10, f2,) etc.
I hope this helps

Boot into the Recovery Console using your Windows CD Installer, Press R then 1 (ussually its 1), Enter your password

On the Command Prompt

<CD drive:>
cd \i386
copy ntldr c:\

For example if your CD drive is E: subst E: above

thanks for the swift replies

well, if ur post happens too fast for u to see anything on the screen u can try to press the pause button on the keyboard
If it displays only the logo but not the post summary, try pressing esc key several times or try to hold down a key or you can also try different keys like (del, f10, f2,) etc.
I hope this helps

I tried every single key I could, tapping and holding yet it still yeilds no results.

Boot into the Recovery Console using your Windows CD Installer, Press R then 1 (ussually its 1), Enter your password

On the Command Prompt

<CD drive:>
cd \i386
copy ntldr c:\

For example if your CD drive is E: subst E: above

When I boot its not recognizing anything and only showing the ntdlr is missing error message. Im concerned the problem may be more deep rooted!

Absolute last option is pulling out the tiny CMOS battery inside
I really thought the PS/2 keyboard would work (ie USB may be disabled in Bios too)
Oh and I confirmed those keys directly from your manual

Absolute last option is pulling out the tiny CMOS battery inside
I really thought the PS/2 keyboard would work (ie USB may be disabled in Bios too)
Oh and I confirmed those keys directly from your manual

Thanks a lot for your help, it looks like i may have to, i'll let you know how I get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back