Nvidia 344.48 WHQL drivers add DSR to Fermi and Kepler GPUs

Scorpus

Staff member

Nvidia has launched a new set of WHQL certified drivers for owners of their GeForce graphics cards. The 344.48 drivers come Game Ready for a bunch of upcoming titles, including Civilization: Beyond Earth, Lords of the Fallen, and Elite: Dangerous.

The main new feature in the 344.48 drivers is support for Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR) on older Kepler and Fermi graphics cards. DSR basically allows gamers to easily apply supersample anti-aliasing in games, rendering the title at, say, 4K before scaling it down to fit a 1080p monitor. Although it requires a lot of GPU horsepower, it can improve the visual fidelity of games, especially ones that are beginning to show their age.

Nvidia has also added in SLI profiles for ten new games, and tweaked a few others such as Assassin's Creed Unity. There are no details about specific performance improvements in games, but you can expect performance and stability to improve in some games.

You can head over to our driver download section to grab the latest Nvidia drivers, or alternatively let GeForce Experience automatically update them for you.

Permalink to story.

A gift from the heavens! Hopefully it'll work with Dirt2. I just knew the 4gb 770 was a good idea. Finally it pays off, yes!

If the drop down menu doesn't work one has to go to the mouse settings and turn off a checkbox thats called something like:

automatically jumps to standard field

sry my Windows is in german so I dunno whats it called but you'll find it eventually.

Works with Dirt2 btw. Next is BF3.

Yes, and it adds BSOD to my PC. I've spent 30 minutes to return my PC to working condition. Back to 344.11 driver. Nvidia sucks lately, GeForce Experience has bugs too.

I have a GTX 760 and tried D3 on a higher resolution. The performance hit wasn't worth it. Back to 1900x1200. I will try Half Life later on and see how that looks and plays.

Yes, and it adds BSOD to my PC. I've spent 30 minutes to return my PC to working condition. Back to 344.11 driver. Nvidia sucks lately, GeForce Experience has bugs too.
Can you please be more specific on this?
I installed this driver just 15 minutes after having installed a brand new Gpu and also had a BSOD. I freaked out. Mine happened during the installation, what about yours?

I have a GTX 760 and tried D3 on a higher resolution. The performance hit wasn't worth it. Back to 1900x1200. I will try Half Life later on and see how that looks and plays.

Did you turn down anti alising? Its barely needed anymore at such huge resolutions and helps a lot with the framerate.

Can you please be more specific on this?
I installed this driver just 15 minutes after having installed a brand new Gpu and also had a BSOD. I freaked out. Mine happened during the installation, what about yours?

I cannot install Nvidia drivers normally probably half a year, I have to do it through Device Manager always. Problem occurs during installation, screen just goes black and BSOD follows. GeForce Experience has bugs too since version 2.1.0.0, it won't open for me, won't recognize games, etc.

Old games seem to benefit much more. Here's some shots of Age of Empires 3.
http://s15.postimg.org/bj3v4qfop/2014_10_23_00002.jpg
http://s15.postimg.org/tbpfclwx5/2014_10_23_00001.jpg

Npotice how the ship and the ground and pretty much everything is much more sharper and clearer and even more detailed?

I could barely see a difference in newer games though. Probably due to them being made for higher resolutions with better textures and poly count. There's still a slight difference but barely noticeable.

In some games like BF3 the GUI scales with the resolution. Everything is tiny.

Installed 344.48 on my asus z97-deluxe - GTX 980 SLI - Windows 7 x64 setup last night without any issues. Played some BF4 and grimrock2 without any ill effects. Picking up the new Civ game tomorrow which these drivers add a profile for.

It will be interesting to try old games at very high downscaled resolutions, ideally something with a big HUD because things are going to get really tiny!

Haven't had any issues with Nvidia drivers or Geforce Experience. Could be your hardware.

I contacted their support and I solved my problem. I used Display Driver Uninstaller and it solved my problem :)

I was a fool to doubt in Nvidia.

Back