Nvidia GeForce GTX 590 design exposed via leaked slide

Jos

Staff

Nvidia is expected to release its dual-GPU GeForce GTX 590 sometime this month, but you can already have a general idea of what to expect thanks to some leaked information from an alleged partner presentation. According to the slides, the GTX 590 will have two GF110 cores with all their CUDA Cores enabled (512 per GPU, 1024 in total), will feature 3GB of GDDR5 memory and will be powered through two 8-pin PCIe power connectors. TDP is listed at 365W.

Other details mentioned in the slides include a 12-layer, 2oz copper PCB, a 10-phase GPU power system, and an on-board PCIe bridge chip. As far as cooling is concerned, the card will use a dual-slot solution similar to that of AMD's recently launched Radeon HD 6990, with two vapor chambers and a center fan. The Nvidia card includes a removable cover for easy cleaning and seems to include three DVI ports to enable 3D Vision Surround.

Naturally, the graphics firm has not confirmed the slides as genuine, and there are still some details missing such as frequencies. But with a launch expected imminently, probably on March 22 if the latest rumors are accurate, we won't have to wait long in order to see what Nvidia has up its sleeve.

Permalink to story.

yowanvista said:
Can it Play Crysis at max?

You mean crysis 2 :D GTX 580 can max out both Crysis 1 and 2 with ease as shown in Nvidia's site. This beast will definitely be able to max out both the games. But as for the cost, I'm betting it'll be more than 700 bucks :(

With the GTX 580 still going for $500 it's reasonable to assume that the GTX590 could be well over $700. Will be fun to see this card going head to head with the Radeon HD 6990.

I'd like to see what the noise levels and heat output are like compared to the Radeon HD 6990 because that is one noisy beast!

@rajwraith He probably does mean Crysis, my overclocked e5200 and 5850 at stock can play crysis 2 at max.

above post is talking about a non finished dx9 version of crisis 2

Well, if these numbers are to be believed (600/1200/3400 core/shader/memory), then the GTX 590 makes somewhat less sense than the HD 6990 -and that's saying something.

600 core and 3400 memory won't be troubling the 6990 in benchmarks, So I guess that Nvidia are planning on a heavily downclocked card with substantial "overclocking headroom" -at the users risk naturally- in order to match the 6990 ( I'd assume 700core/1400shader/4000mem would achieve this...at the expense of temps in the low 90's and 400-450w).
The non-NF200 bridge chip looks like an interesting addition, but I can't help but think a dual GF114 GPU at high/standard clocks with 4Gb RAM might not be a more palatable solution. Surround gaming on a single card with enough frame buffer to run high resolutions, along with being cooler, quieter, and somewhere within shouting distance of the 300w PCI specification. It may not exceed the 6990 in performance, but would certainly be cheaper, have a usable warranty, and some significant tangible OC potential

EDIT: VR Zone are reporting similar specs 612/1224/3404.

Or get a hydra board !!!
Quad GPU...HD5970 4Gb + GTX 590 -What could go wrong?!
And after giving up trying to solve the BSoD's, turn the fishing tackle box into an ammo box, load up the XFX and start blastin'!!!

Or get a hydra board !!!
Quad GPU...HD5970 4Gb + GTX 590 -What could go wrong?!
And after giving up trying to solve the BSoD's, turn the fishing tackle box into an ammo box, load up the XFX and start blastin'!!!

:haha::haha:
Have to respect a man with a plan!

That setup (HD 5970+GTX590+Lucid Hydra board) may very well set a record for negative scaling, while dimming the lights in a six block radius!...make sure you have an official present!
After having a few of them, I am convinced that quadfire rigs give off radiation...(the last batch of puppies here didn't look quite right)

Hey, it's all down to marketing.
I shall write to Gigabyte (they of the outlandish G1 Killer boards) and other vendors and pitch them the idea that gimmick packaging is selling themselves short. How about extending the idea to components themselves?
Intel P67 Justin Beiber Limited Edition - vanilla board with no advanced BIOS functionality (i.e. a repackaged standard Intel board with JB's face silkscreened onto the pcb -maybe CPU and memory activity lights where his eyes should be)
Gigabyte 8I955X Royal- Jay Leno Edition - Solid and hasn't been relevant for five years.
Asus Rampage Extreme Mel Gibson Edition -liquid cooling block standard, timing controls removed from BIOS
3Dfx Voodoo3 Charlie Sheen Edition -All speed no IQ (image quality)
ATI Rage Pro Turbo whatever-the-tv in-version-was Lindsay Lohan Edition.- Unstable. Pathetic driver embedded.

Hey, it's all down to marketing.
I shall write to Gigabyte (they of the outlandish G1 Killer boards) and other vendors and pitch them the idea that gimmick packaging is selling themselves short. How about extending the idea to components themselves?
Intel P67 Justin Beiber Limited Edition - vanilla board with no advanced BIOS functionality (i.e. a repackaged standard Intel board with JB's face silkscreened onto the pcb -maybe CPU and memory activity lights where his eyes should be)
Gigabyte 8I955X Royal- Jay Leno Edition - Solid and hasn't been relevant for five years.
Asus Rampage Extreme Mel Gibson Edition -liquid cooling block standard, timing controls removed from BIOS
3Dfx Voodoo3 Charlie Sheen Edition -All speed no IQ (image quality)
ATI Rage Pro Turbo whatever-the-tv in-version-was Lindsay Lohan Edition.- Unstable. Pathetic driver embedded.

:haha::haha::haha:

How about a Brittany Spears edition? silkscreen her getting out of the back of a limo on the PCB with an interesting custom southbridge heatsink.

or the Carson Pressely edition...all the connectors have male ends.

Holey Tuna Can.... Batman.....

:haha::haha::haha:

How about a Brittany Spears edition? silkscreen her getting out of the back of a limo on the PCB with an interesting custom southbridge heatsink.
Wow, get that hot I bet it'd give off quite an odor.....:rolleyes: One supposes that this board would be shipped in an anti-static thong......? :wave:

Wow, get that hot I bet it'd give off quite an odor.....:rolleyes: One supposes that this board would be shipped in an anti-static thong......? :wave:
General recall looming -loose components, a tendancy for the load plate to become unhinged and compromised Trusted Platform Module vulnerable to even rudimentary security penetration :rolleyes:

General recall looming -loose components, a tendancy for the load plate to become unhinged and compromised Trusted Platform Module vulnerable to even rudimentary security penetration :rolleyes:
Would you be able to speculate as to the amount of security measure bandwidth necessary to plug that gap? Would the fingers on one hand be sufficient?

Would you be able to speculate as to the amount of security measure bandwidth necessary to plug that gap? Would the fingers on one hand be sufficient?
I was under the impression that re-manufacturing RMA'ed motherbroads required the hands and services of many semi-skilled people.

@Mizzou
Late to the party?
Post #12.

@dbz Definitely been out of the loop lately, should have back tracked before posting. Working some crazy hours for the past month and half, just trying to catch up on the breaking news.

No problem. The thread started gaining momentum once it got OT...just shows how much interest there is in dual-gpu cards;)

Back