Odd MySpace, YouTube problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly i'm sorry to push this question onto you guys but after googling the issue this site was pretty much the best option that came up. Secondly, i'm not completely tech savvy and i hope i don't come across as too ignorant.

The issue - two days ago i discovered i suddenly can't access myspace.com or youtube.com from my desktop pc. It's the weirdest thing. I've never had problems with these sites before now and i can't think of anything i could have done to upset things in such a way. Basically when i type the addresses for both sites the browser (Firefox) takes a while (maybe 30 seconds) to have a think and then gives me a page saying "problem loading page, the connection was reset while the page was loading" i've tried both sites in IE and can't access them that way either. I can't load any embedded youtube videos and i think i may have a problem with imageshack.us as well. Otherwise things are normal. I've cleared my cookies, checked in the browser options to see if the sites were somehow restricted, checked my internet security (trend micro) and have come up with nothing. The strange thing is that i CAN access all these sites from my laptop using the same cable internet account & modem.

Again, i'm sorry to come here asking but i'm not sure what else to do, any ideas would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

I don't know what the problem is, but it could be malware-related. Check out this thread here: Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HJT and AVG logs as attachments into this thread.

Cheers :)

This thread is for the use of msstuff only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

msstuff said:
Basically when i type the addresses for both sites the browser (Firefox) takes a while (maybe 30 seconds) to have a think and then gives me a page saying "problem loading page, the connection was reset while the page was loading" i've tried both sites in IE and can't access them that way either.

30 sec delay is way too long -- implies no reply / timeout.

empty your browser cache

and dnscache

on admin account, get a cmd prompt and enter
ipconfig /flushdns

you should be able to ping www.myspace.com
if not, you'll never fetch any pages either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back