Odd windows 7 network card issue

hi guys I've been a long time reader here at techspot and I've got to say i love the website. Now for the most part i consider myself pretty familiar with computers and i can handle just about anything as far as computer problems go. However this one has me stumped, so i figured i could turn to the most knowledgeable computer gurus around. So my problem is Windows seems to be dedicating a little over 2 gigs of ram for my wireless card. Now this is odd because I've never heard of a wireless card needing memory dedicated for it let alone 2 gigs worth. i can tell it is using it for the wifi card because whenever i have it hooked up to the computer, windows tells me i only have 1.99 gigs of ram available. I also know the card works because I've hooked it up to my brother's rig and he has windows vista 64-bit and it works fine with no memory being dedicated for it. I also notice when the card is connected my computer seems to hang doing just about anything even something as simple as just moving the mouse. So any help with this would be much appreciated as it has me baffled so far. I'll List a few specs below and i can always provide more if necessary.

-note
I've already tried updating to the latest drivers and that hasn't helped at all. I also had this problem with a linksys wmp600n adapter as well.

OS-Windows 7 business 64-bit
Wifi card- PCE-N13
4 gigs of ddr3 ram
intel i5 cpu

i've read the reviews posted on newegg and for the most part the problems posted there are not similar to mine. i can connect to my network but like i said my computer dedicates almost two gigs of ram for wifi card and as for as i know it is unheard of. I don't think its the card because it did it with the linksys one too and my brothers rig with vista handles it no problem. I've used both the vista drivers and windows 7 drivers and both have produced the same results so far.

Back