Off-contract Moto X now $399, Verizon Moto G $99

Scorpus

Staff member

moto verizon moto verizon motorola best buy moto x moto g off-contract

Motorola is looking to bring in the new year by making their smartphones more attractive to customers. In the United States, Motorola has reduced the base off-contract price of the Moto X to $399, with wood versions designed through the Moto Maker going for $499. On-contract versions remain at $99 for Sprint, AT&T and Verizon.

Now at the same price as a 32 GB Nexus 5, the Moto X could be a fantastic buy for many people, especially considering the device's interesting voice control options and contextual computing. Specifications for the Moto X include a 4.7-inch 720p AMOLED display, Motorola X8 chipset (Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro with 1.7 GHz dual-core CPU and Adreno 320 GPU) and a 10-megapixel rear camera.

The Moto G, Motorola's lower-end companion to the Moto X, is now available on Verizon at an extremely low price as well. The handset can be purchased already for $99 off-contract at Best Buy, which is around $80 cheaper than the GSM models go for, making it a fantastic purchase for those looking for a decent but cheap smartphone.

Already loaded with Android 4.4 'KitKat' and packed with decent hardware - including a 4.5-inch 720p display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC, 5-megapixel rear camera and a 7.86 Wh (2,070 mAh) battery - the Moto G is well kitted out, especially at $99.

Permalink to story.

Devices cost what they cost. Until high level of demand and factory productivity is established for a new device it would be irresponsible to sell stuff under cost. Of course if you think you're entitled to a gift bag like a celebrity then don't pay what a device costs to manufacture.

Still to high and the service though Verizon is outrageous pricing fees on 4G LTE Contract. I am not having it anymore.

Microsoft Store Online until 1/24/14 Microsoft Windows 8 Pre-pad Smart Cell phones from Nokia Lumia 520 for AT&T $59.00 and Nokia Lumia 521 for T-Mobile $69.00. Free Shipping and Free Shipping on Returns.

Then on top of that Nokia has $20 Windows app credit when you buy these two non-contract phone which are now unlock. Plus Microsoft Skydrive extra 20 GB of storage for 1 year.

By default with each Windows 8 smart phone you get 7 GB for storage. Both the 520 and 521 has a swap-able battery housing and ES (external storage) supports MicroSD, MicroSDHC 16/32GB and MicroSDXC 64GB.

Wow, tipstir, who would have guessed the very lowest-end Windows Phone costs less than a phone with much better specs like a Moto G, right?
It's not like the Lumia 520 comes with compromises like sluggish performance on today's increasingly demanding Windows Phone apps, a sub-par screen both in resolution and color quality, or no camera flash, is it? (Oh, wait, it is!)

Wow, tipstir, who would have guessed the very lowest-end Windows Phone costs less than a phone with much better specs like a Moto G, right?
It's not like the Lumia 520 comes with compromises like sluggish performance on today's increasingly demanding Windows Phone apps, a sub-par screen both in resolution and color quality, or no camera flash, is it? (Oh, wait, it is!)

They were once $150. 5MP Camera, Dual Core, IPS CTS. I going to give it try. And Contract Android Cell Phone and my wasn't cheap $299 plus corp discount so it's like $250. Even with JB on it still has some issues with OS. Google Android doesn't care much about the OS. The keep building on top of the cupcake, donut, eclair, froyo, gingerbread, honeycomb, ice sandwich, jelly bean and now kit kat. Really underneath is the Linux code.

Anyway a lot deal members like Windows 8 cell phone. I'll see for my self very shortly..

I agree the display isn't great, but for what you get, the Lumia 520 is priced very well. And performance is pretty good all things considered.

It is definitely priced very well for what it is. But the point is that you can't undermine the Moto G because the Lumia 520 is cheaper. They are clearly not in the same league.
While I understand the Moto X can seem "still too high" to a budget buyer, the Moto G is definitely not.

Plus Microsoft Skydrive extra 20 GB of storage for 1 year.
It's also worth mentioning that the Motorola phones (and I'm assuming some other recent Android phones as well) come with a 2-year 50 GB offer on Google Drive.

It is definitely priced very well for what it is. But the point is that you can't undermine the Moto G because the Lumia 520 is cheaper. They are clearly not in the same league.
While I understand the Moto X can seem "still too high" to a budget buyer, the Moto G is definitely not.

It's also worth mentioning that the Motorola phones (and I'm assuming some other recent Android phones as well) come with a 2-year 50 GB offer on Google Drive.

I own the Motorola Razz Max have a ll the extras for it too. Desktop mode, HDTV mode, SUV mode. STill something is missing. Verzion tells me you have the best phone we sold you the Moto don't compare. Might be so. Screens are larger. I really don't to have some large phone to carry around.

Back