Office 2003 standard edition driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to all,
I hope someone can help me before I do something stupid!!!
XP Mediacenter Edition Version 2002 SP3 with OEM Office Standard Edition 2003.
A while back, for what seems like no particular reason, my computer started giving me random prompts about MS Office files such as: "the feature you are trying to use is on a network that is unavailable" or, from windows installer: "the installation source for this product is not available".
This is now happening any time I try to open an email (outlook express) or use IE, I have to click cancel 3 or 4 times to get rid of the prompts
I cannot repair office 2003 using the change feature on the control panel because I can't open any office programs and a system restore to an earlier date doesn't go back far enough to before the problem started.
I've attached the prompt as I see it
I can't find the installation disc either ( it's been 8 years) so I guess I need some sort of miracle to get back to normal....are there any miracle workers out there?

Attachments

• trouble.JPG
    trouble.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 5
Some got installed and changed your system files. This error is common. I guess one of your Windows update change things. That's why it's always good to backup before you update or install applications. To fix this issue you might want to download the latest Windows Installer for XP or you can disable Windows installer in the services.msc. But doing so you won't be able to install anything. Restore points don't always work right or Windows repair.

Either you re-install XP or Office 2003. Or you could run some system tools like IOBIT AdvanceD System Care and see what it finds wrong on your system to clear it up.

When you installed Office 2003, hopefully you left the install files. If so you need to find them, and that is not simple as MS in their wisdom hid them. The following link may help you find them:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903776

However they may be damaged even if you did save them. Best bet is to borrow a CD from a friend and re-install usig your Product Key, which you should be able to find using Belarc Advisor.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back