Oh not again

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadbluescreener

I was just surfing the Net and downloading Windows 7 RC and the machine Blue Screened on me. And then on the reboot it did it again. It's been a really long time since I've seen one and I had just got the adapter I had lost. I was told this maybe a memory problem from my previous posts. Help?

Attachments

• Mini061009-01.dmp
    155.2 KB · Views: 5
WinDbg identifies your OS as -
Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista Kernel Version 6001 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible

Your First Crash - DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
IMAGE_NAME: spoa.sys

Your Second Crash - DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is
caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. Run the driver
verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers, and if that doesn't turn up
the culprit, then use gflags to enable special pool.

Your Third Crash - BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request. This may or may not be due to the caller.
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
IMAGE_NAME: SASKUTIL.sys

I would recommend...
1. Check your Drive for errors. Use utilties provided by the maker of your drive.
2. Run the driver verifier (per #2).
3. Check your bios settings against recommended (eg, Are you overclocking? Make sure voltages are right too!)
4. Because your errors are so varied, and because malware is known to cause varied errors,
Run the Eight Steps... https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Route44 (or others) may have other suggestions as well.

thank you B00kWyrm.
but im a bit unsure about some stuff.
how do i run the driver verifier?
I haven't changed anything at all in the BIOS. but i'll check anyways.
the last time I had these problems Route44 helped me out by telling me if it was a memory problem or something else. Do you think these problems have anything to do with my RAM? I was considering getting new memory to solve these problems.

Running Driver Verifier

To run the driver verifier -

Steps:
1) Start | Run
2) Type in ‘verifier’ and hit enter
3) Make sure ‘Create Standard Setting’ is selected and hit next
4) Click on ‘Select all drivers installed on this computer’ and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot.
If this occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select the safe mode boot option.
Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose ‘Select driver names from a list’;
Hit next;
Check the box next to any driver where the provider is not Microsoft;
Hit Finish;
Reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption.
Next time you crash the blue screen will hopefully say something like "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION”.

Attach the minidump to your next post.
I am gone for the weekend now.
Others might step in to help you, if you need it before I get back.

Another one this morning. I had some1 look at my RAM and they let me know that the RAM was good. The HD seems to be ok also but of that I'm not sure so the problem may be due to that or faulty drivers. Ive yet to try the driver verifier, I've been busy.

Another one this morning. I had some1 look at my RAM and they let me know that the RAM was good. The HD seems to be ok also but of that I'm not sure so the problem may be due to that or faulty drivers. Ive yet to try the driver verifier, I've been busy.

Your first error is 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

Though it only cited a Windows driver and they are too general to be of much help, this minidump did go on to spefcifically state: "There was an error with disk hardware." I hope you have the time to run a full harddrive diagnostics.

Your second error is 0x000000C5: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL
An attempt occurred to touch invalid memory at a process IRQL that is too high. This is almost always caused by drivers that have corrupted the system pool. If you’ve recently installed any new software, check to see if it’s properly installed; and check for updated drivers on the manufacturer’s web site.

NETIO.sys was cited as the cause but, again, this is a Windows driver. It has to do with Networking In/Out processes. Microsoft's own instructions state to run a driver verifier as B00kWyrm rightly points out. Follow his directions on how to do this. You may be looking at NIC card driver issues.

The third error is 0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the msot common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

This cited the driver saskutil.sys which belongs to Superantispyware. I run this myself and it is a very stable product. I doubt this is your issue except either a) it needs to be updated or b) perhaps an infection.

Last error is another 0x7A and this one specifically cited corrupted memory. If you have corrupted memory you can/will get all kinds of errors thrown out with various causes, but the whole time it has been bad RAM. How long did your frien run the tests and what tests did he use to determine your RAM is good?

Ok then so my errors are usually due to driver problems then. I'll try to use the weekend to use the driver verifier. I had already run the error-checking tool on my hard drive, what else should I try in order to have run a full hard drive diagnostics?
I have updated Superantispyware and i run Avira Antivirus which has been working perfectly so i'm not sure how would've got an infection.
We didn't run tests on it like memtest. He opened the machine and saw that the RAM in it was that which was originally from MSI. Unless MSI put corrupt memory in it.. I had already run memtest from my earlier problems and had gotten 8 passes

Your harddrive manufacturer will provide a free utility to diagnose your harddrive. Is that what you used? If not, do so.

Go into your BIOS and check to see if your motherboard set the voltage for your RAM as per your memory manufacturer's specs.

I am sorry I am just replying to this, my charger had to be replaced and I was without the computer for a while.

a free utility from my HD manufacturer. I visited the Western Digital site once but i wasn't able to get any help because I was unable to enter the model HD my MSI laptop has. im not sure what it is. :S

thank you very much for that link, but it leads me to the page where i should select the model of my HD. i tried to search by model number and got a result but i want to be sure of what im doing.
is this the model number im to be using?
WD2500BEVT

Thanks, i ran the Data Lifeguard Diagnostic Tool and I passed the extensive and the quick test.

i also got two more BSODs, if you don't mind could you look at them. Now I hadn't run the diver verifier because of my charger dying on me so I'm going to do it right now.

Ok I ran the verifier. I'm seeing the slow down in computer speed and it did crash on reboot so i chose the drivers from a list that weren't from Microsoft. there were only like 6 or 8 of them though, is that normal? :S

Both errors are 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

Both dumps specifically cite memory corruption as your issue. Run memtest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes; more the minimum so much the better. This takes a long time so be patient.

See this link and follow the directions: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Actually I had already run memtest and got all of 8 passes. And had my machine opened up and it was verified that the RAM was put in correctly, and that it was the right type.

Go to your BIOS and find out if your motherboard set the voltage at the correct setting for your memory.

Your motherboard manual should tell you where this is found. Also, I re-read your first post. Did BSODs occur prior to downloading Windows 7 RC?

i am going to seem like such a novice asking this but motherboard manual? did that come with the computer? yes they did. i had BSODs from when I only ran Vista.

ok so i had my first BSOD since i ran the driver verifier so im guessing this minidump should point out what driver is corrupt or wrong or such. it seems to be the same kernel_data_inpage_error bt i'll upload it anyway. maybe there's a change. I'm not too sure of how the driver verifier works though.

It might have helped if I had read Route44's suggestions first...

I just read the rest of the thread... :eek:
Route44 had suggested much of the same as what I had initially put into this post...

A transcript of your windbg report is attached. Someone else may see something I have missed.
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

I just found in someone else's report on this error code that a flakey sata cable was involved.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185, it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.

Your dump also indicates a Vista Driver "fault"... but this is just as likely hardware related in this case.
Your dump also indicates "memory corruption".

Here's what I initially suggested... (which you seem to have tried... but it would not hurt to re-run these steps.)

1. If you are overclocking, return all settings to default:

2. Run Memtest. See this tutorial... www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

3. Run drive diagnostics.

Now also adding...

4. Your graphics card may be factory overclocked? If this can be changed, do so and see if that helps.
(Suggesting this because of the "memory corruption" line in the report and because of what I have read on others having this issue).

BUT... the dump is pointing at an issue with the drive...
So if it passes the lifeguard tests... at this point my best guess would be to try swapping out the sata cable.

ok
1. I'm not overclocking. The MSI GX630 does come with a Turbo button that's supposed to overclock the CPU a bit but I don't use it, tho it may have been mistakenly turned on. I don't know what settings it changes.

2. Okay, i will run memtest again.

3. I already ran the drive diagnostics and it passed both tests, and that was pretty recent.

4. factory overclocked? it's a normal GeForce 9600M GT with 512MB, would that be overclocked? :S

so my problems are more than likely due to some hardware problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back