Ok, how could this had happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

king21092

Let me start off by saying that my PC has been working fine, up until the point at which my problem had occurred. I was taking some pictures(DB Wallpapers, I'm sure you've heard of them) from my old PC and putting them on my new PC. Right after transferring the images into my 'Pistures' folder I went to 'screen saver' options in the 'display properties' window. Under the screen saver options I selected 'My Pictures Slideshow.' Once that was done I started previewing all the images and using the arrow keys to sift through them. I started clicking the arrow keys really fast until I got to the picture I wanted to see. Before I could get to the picture I wanted to see I heard a sound (BEEP!) from my PC (the new one) and next thing I know it was frozen. I waited several minutes (approx 3-4min.) until I was fed up with waiting and hard booted.

After I hard booted I encountered a problem like this persons problem, https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic27936.html , When it loads up it says how should I start windows since windows wasn't done shutting down before I hard booted. I've selected all 5 options and yet I still get the BSOD after the MoBo loads. Before I can read what the BSOD says, it INSTANTLY restarts and starts this process over again.

This is very annoying since I just installed over 4 GB of game updates earlier the same day.

If anyone thinks of anything, POST IT! I'll try any suggestions, and yes I want to save my data on the drive.

NOTE: I have tried booting from a windows XP pro disc with no success.

EDIT: Also my new PC details are in my signature.

Is your Bios set to boot from cd/dvd FIRST?

You should have NO problem doing that and enacting a repair install unless you got seriously damaged from something in the transfer.

Yes I've through the necessary steps to boot from the disk.
However when I try to boot from the disk after the PC reboots, it never says "press any key BLAH BLAH BLAH to boot from disk.' It doesn't say anything, it skips that step and gives me a BSOD after.

I have another 400GB HDD that I tried hooking up while the other HDD was unplugged, all I got out of it was it freezing when trying to boot from the HDD.

NOTE: I haven't tried booting from the disc while the 400GB HDD was in, neither have I tried booting with no HDD plugged in.

It sounds like you are NOT getting cd/dvd boot priority OR your disc isn't being seen as a boot disc.

Got another available - buddy, pal, girlfriend/boyfriend?

Do you know how to clean a CD?

Ok, now that I've changed drives I noticed that I hadn't even put the disc in and booted from it on my old drive. It was a mistake on my part, but now that I have the windows disc running, what commands should I run?

For what it is worth from me (very little I suspect) once you choose a screensaver it probably doesn't help things to start fiddling with the graphics files in the NOW 'screen saver area'.

It would seem to me that you should copy the graphics files to a folder called, maybe, 'My Slideshow' that you make THEN make that the screen saver.

Copy that and edit it when you want to change pictures.

Like I said, I dunno! I have a picture of a creek! With a deer. I downloaded.

:)

If this works then I could about do anything for you, for helping me that is. Except, I'm not gay, so maybe a friendly handshake would do!

That's if this works, if not, then it's back to the drawing board.

BTW, I wanted it to show ALL the pictures, something different and new.
Truely, I wasn't just sifting through for one picture, I was fiddling through to the end of the slideshow, but you know how that goes, I reworded it to make myself look, less dumb!

I have no animosity to people of any sexual preference as long as I don't get hit upon after I say NO!

BUT, a handshake is ALWAYS the best choice when a WAVE won't suffice.

edit: and next time, please be a little more careful on the title - people get seriously upset when someone posts a title like that and you may NOT get help.

Well, I went to that site and followed the instructions until here.

Next, Windows Setup will find existing Windows XP installations. You will be asked to repair an existing XP installation, or install a fresh copy of Windows XP.

If no installations are found, then you will not be given the option to repair. This may happen if the data or partition on your drive is too corrupted.

THANK GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD that I made 2 partitions on my small drive to begin with, my games which are the biggest files, are on the other partition, opposite that of the operating system.

Only simple things are on the operating system drive, such as app. like security systems, etc!

About the title, I thought it would match seeing as I didn't know how it 'froze' in the first place, and how hard booting corrupted the partition so badly!

Meh!

Julio also gets ticked when you don't use the 'edit' feature to add to your last post - such is life!

Who's Julio?
Main administrator or something?
Whoever s/he is, editing a previous post doesn't help, because most people won't read the same post twice.

Like for instance if I'm posting and want to edit it, possibly at the same time I'm editing, someone else could have just finished reading the post. They would be typing a response while I'm editing.

After we get back to the post, I will be thinking, well I just edited my last post to answer that person's answer. While they may be thinking, well I don't see any new posts yet, I guess I'll be on my way.

Overall, posting another post will NEVER hurt, unless there is 192873 posts already. As the next person might not glance back up to see what's new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back