Old man on campus

red1776

At the decrepit old age of 44 I have just started my college career in electrical engineering. ultimately getting into CPU/GPU/chipset engineering. I am just wondering who here currently is in, or has competed this. I would like to here from you and any advice you might have. I am going to attempt to condense the four years into 2-1/2......i figure that way I may be able to help AMD get 'Bulldozer' worked out:rolleyes:

I'm the same as Matthew regarding this, but just wanted to wish you the very best of luck! :D

Hey red, got my second Masters in Clinical Counseling in my mid-40s. You'll find that you are actually going to be a better student now than you have ever been even with having more responsibility in your life than years ago. It worked for me and it is the best academic work I have ever done.

Good luck and if you can get AMD's Bulldozer "moving" by all means do so.:grinthumb

thanks guys for the good thoughts :)

@ Route, I believe you are entirely correct in that assessment ....and with three kids and work.... i may need your services soon :D:wave:

@ Leeky, 'Bulldozer' is/was the new AMD CPU architecture that was supposed to be out last year. They have gone silent about it,delayed it, so it seems that there is a problem with it.... but they are not offering any information about the process.

@ Leeky, 'Bulldozer' is/was the new AMD CPU architecture that was supposed to be out last year. They have gone silent about it,delayed it, so it seems that there is a problem with it.... but they are not offering any information about the process.

Thanks for that, and sorry to hijack your thread. :D

...I am going to attempt to condense the four years into 2-1/2......i figure that way I may be able to help AMD get 'Bulldozer' worked out:rolleyes:

I am going to attempt to condense the four years into 2-1/2......i figure that way I may be able to help AMD get 'Bulldozer's specification worked out
/Fixed

Good luck with the "mature student" sojourn. I went through the same phase six years ago. Back to school to get my teaching diploma, so I could teach Culinary Arts in the classroom enviroment-as opposed to alternately dispensing pearls of wisdom with hurling hot pans at the Impressionable Young Things™ in the hot kitchen. So long as the young uns don't constantly try to drag you into their childhood bonding exercises you should be good to go.
Good luck.

S
o long as the young uns don't constantly try to drag you into their childhood bonding exercises you should be good to go.

well thank you DB, im not taking statistical probabilities as part of my studies, however I can say that the odds of that happening are slim to none...lets see, as an equation that would be GH < NH3.

Hey red, that's awesome!!! :D

The only time I studied Electrical / Electronics Engineering was in my first two semesters at college. Loved the subjects but sadly could not pursue them as I was majoring in Biotechnology (a subject, which incidentally, I've grown to dislike!). Maybe someday I'll do the same as so many of you guys seem to have done. :)

Hey red, that's awesome!!! :D

The only time I studied Electrical / Electronics Engineering was in my first two semesters at college. Loved the subjects but sadly could not pursue them as I was majoring in Biotechnology (a subject, which incidentally, I've grown to dislike!). Maybe someday I'll do the same as so many of you guys seem to have done. :)

Thanks Rit,

Just don't wait till your 44 :D

well thanks for all the good wishes folks, nice to hear from some of you that started or completed a degree later in life...maybe there will be a few old dudes besides myself there that I will be able to understand when they speak haha!

@red1776

Good for you and you definitely deserve a pat on the back!!

But i can't be there to do it in person so I attached the schematic :D . Gee, it can be your first homework assignment!

pat_on_the_back_1.jpg

@red1776

Good for you and you definitely deserve a pat on the back!!

But i can't be there to do it in person so I attached the schematic :D . Gee, it can be your first homework assignment!

pat_on_the_back_1.jpg

Thanks Lookin :wave:

okay lets see....Pi squared x r is > Pat....right?.....im in trouble!

I have an AAS in photography from Charmin University. You can't pat yourself on the back with it, but you're good to go for wiping your a** with it in a pinch

If I can find some "art" photography dealing with school uniforms and glasses, I'll be sure to send you the links... :rolleyes:

Higher education ......

If I can find some "art" photography dealing with school uniforms and glasses, I'll be sure to send you the links...

OH Boy! I love photography! I bet they will make me want to matriculate!

Back