On boot up computer keeps saying front USB not connected

acefsj

So i have a hp 7600 mini convertible desktop upgraded with 3.4 ghz dual core processor 4 gigs ddr2 400 mhz ram 500 gig hard drive geforce hd 4600 1 gig graphics 64 bit system.

Any way at boot up i get front usb not connected i get front audio not connected and chassis fan not connected press f1 to continue.

The audio and usb are plugged in but do not work so i am assuming their is an issue with the mobo. the chassis fan is not plugged in as the chassis fan hooks to one of the molex cables off the power supply.

Is their any way of making this stop saying that to me at boot up i looked around in the bios and didnt really see anything but i may be missing something

Thanks for the quick reply i will try this and let you know if it works any ideas on the chassis fan you think i could just use a jumper or something to make it think it's hooked up

Thanks for the quick reply i will try this and let you know if it works any ideas on the chassis fan you think i could just use a jumper or something to make it think it's hooked up

you can turn the CPU and/or Chassis fan control on and off in your BIOS once you get an OS on there. It can be done anytime but I recommend doing it after your install so you can monitor temps, etc... Molex is strictly power, no fan control, no detection on MOBO. You need one of these...
- Molex to 3 pin adapter (MOBO will detect fan this way but no fan speed control)
- 120mm Fan with 4-pin connector (only way to get fan speed control is with a 4-pin fan or a 3-pin fan and using a fan controller)
- 120mm Fan with 3-pin connector (plugs into 4-pin connector but no fan speed control)
- Fan controller

* I believe this is accurate but please double check before buying anything.

Should be a fan fail option in your bios, Or maybe a display error messages timer.

If its a Hp motherboard im guessing the bios options would be pretty limited.

Ya i cant get the drivers i do not have the mobo cd and cant find anything on the hp website also no options in bios to do with the fan i will try and find a molex to 3 pin at one of the comp stores

Back