Onboard graphics card (non-working)

Well here is the deal. When I put windows XP on my PC my on-board graphics card stopped working. Well that was all fine and dandy because I installed a PCI-E graphics card. Well, its been about 3 years now and my graphics card is done. One of the capacitors blew up.

Now I am trying to reinstall my on-board until I am able to purchase a new graphics card. Well It is not letting me use my on-board graphics card. When I go to install it, it is telling me it cannot find the driver. I think this is happening because I uninstalled windows Vista, and that graphics card is only compatible with VISTA.

If there is any way to get around this please help! Thanks so much for taking your time to read this. Have a good day!

-Ron

When I go to install it, it is telling me it cannot find the driver.
If the onboard graphics are not working, how are you getting this message on the screen in the first place? In other words, if you are getting this message, the onboard graphics are not dead. When you installed Windows XP, you should have gone to the PC manufacturer's website to locate the motherboard chipset, sound, LAN, graphics, etc., drivers. If the PC is a custom or self built computer, then you would go to the motherboard manufacturer's website for these drivers. Anytime you install any version of Windows you should be doing this.

Try doing it now.

Back