One beep and nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone. I hope someone can help!.
I have a Dell Inspiron 5315 desktop. The other day we were using the computer and got a message about a USB port overload, I think that's what it said. Anyway, now when I try to boot the computer it will go to the Dell screen and that's it. There is one beep when I turn it on. I have tried to follow the instructions of hitting the F2 then F9 to get into the system, but nothing happens. I had some tell me to use the Delete button instead of the F2, but again nothing. My keyboard uses the USB port, and from what I can tell there is nowhere on the towerr to plung in one of the other keyboards that has the prongs on it. Could all of my USB ports be bad? If that is the only way of getting into the system and the ports aren't working then is there another way?
As you can tell I'm not very computer literate when it comes to how they work.
Please help!
Thanks!

Try the following things to see if you can troubleshoot this.

-remove all USB devices, sometimes your computer tries to boot off the USB devices and it can cause some of your symptoms like not starting booting up.
-try entering your MIOS by pressing del when it tells you and see what order you have your computer set to boot off of.

If you have any questions about what I just said please reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back