Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A - Wont read DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A DVD - RW wont read DVD, but will read CDs. Done all the uninstall and reinstall Drive and drivers, upperfilter and lowerfilter hacks , etc

When insert DVD. The DVD gets ejected with the message , '' Please inset Disk''.

Os - Vista Home Premium

Any ideas ???

It is likely that your DVD drive is worn out , or out of alignment. Better to just replace the drive for $24 that try to fix it. The CD read/write and DVD read/write are separate functions for different setups of the drive. It is not unusual for one function to work while the other has gone bad.

the same

hi i have exactly same problem with my tccorp cd/dvd drive and i too have worked through all the filter/driver/resetting of the drive in question..could it be a vista problem i have premium too.best of luck i too have posted the same problem for advice..hp(manufacturer) said that the operating system is corrupt and to reinstall but i find this hard to believe as i have no other system errors/problems

So you think you have a VISTA problem when you have a failed TCCorp DVD drive and a failed Optiarc
Why would an corrupt operating system cause what you described that in the way you described? when operating systems mainly just turn them on and off.
Optical drives last in relationship to how long they have been used. They go out of alignment very easily when exposed to heat or cold. They stop for no good reason... and frequently.
They are remarkably inexpensive... at Directron, ZipZoomFly, NewEgg, Frys, Outpost, and others for $18.99 to $29.99 depending on the day.
They are known to go out of alignment easily from heat or over use.
Optical drives are mostly run by drive software, not Windows XP, not by XP VISTA.

First thing to do, is look at the label of the drive, then go to the website of that manufacturer and look for a FIRMWARE update. If they offer one, install it. Does it now work?
Nextt thing you do is trade out the drive with another... easily. two to four screws and a change in cables.
If the new drive works, problem solved. If the new drive behaves like the other one known to be bad, you have some work to do.
If your operating sytem is running things properly with few errors, and everything else is ok, with no big problems posted on scans, it is not the operating sytem.
Is there a reason you do not want to believe a $22 drive is bad? Is it less than a year old? Has it not been used?
Drives go bad. You have had two go bad?
Have you put them into another computer to test them there?
Answers to these suggestions and conclusions will tell you most of what you need to know.

But if you use your drive a lot... play music regularly, or movies regularly, or run burning operations weekly or monthly,. and the drive is more than six months old... test it in another machine or test the other one in your machine...
Then you will know it is not VISTA.
You may even get it back to temporary opeation for a few days... can you afford that frustration or time or inconvenience.
If you want to reduce the number of failures, buy a Plextor, Pioneer, Teac, Toshiba, IBM, Maxoptic, Panasonic, Mosel Baer, or Fujitsu.
Also having a great recent history (past two years) are LG, LiteOn, and Samsung... if we cannot get a Plextor or Pioneer, we get one of those three.
Avoid Sony, Optiarc, HLDS, HP and ASUS, as their failures are unusually high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back