Organizing Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirael

Uhm sorry if this is the wrong forum, really not sure where this sort of thing would belong. :S

I have a Vista... and iTunes went and organized my music folder by artists. Basically it created a folder for each artist, and then a folder within that for each album, and then the songs within those (I thought the option to let iTunes organize my music folder did something completely different...).

Anyways, this is something I really would like to undo but I don't know how, or if it's even possible. I want to take all the songs out of all the folders and just make a big music folder.

Thanks in advance.

You should be able to makes changes easily using Windows Explorer. See if the path is the same as Windows XP:
Right click on Start> Explore> click on your Documents & Settings> then My Music> click on the + sign to expand the folder:

Set up any new folders you want on the right screen (File> New> Folder)
Give the new folder(s) a name.
Open any of the folders set up by iTunes.
Hold left mouse button down on any file (song)you want to move> drag it into the folder you want.

This will be a tedious job, but once you have it setup as you want, you should be able to save new songs to the folder of your choice.

I don't use iTunes, but open the program and look for any setting that if checked to organize folders> uncheck the setting. Seems to me you should be able to save where you want, but you're going to have to undo the setting that is sending where "it" wants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back