Origin announces two new PCs for space-conscious gamers

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Origin PC on Tuesday announced two new desktop systems, one being a small form factor (SFF) system and the other an all-in-one (AIO), both of which pack a serious punch considering the limited real estate at their disposal.

The Origin Chronos SFF desktop supports all Mini ITX platforms (Z170 and X99). It can accept up to an Intel Core i7-5960X processor that's cooled using Origin's Frostbyte self-contained liquid cooling system as well as Nvidia's GeForce GTX Titan Z GPU. The chassis measures 11.75" (H) x 4" (W) x 13.75" (D) and can be positioned either vertically or horizontally using detachable magnetic feet.

The Origin Omni AIO, meanwhile, also supports all Mini ITX platforms, Origin's Frostbyte watercooling system, up to the same i7-5960X CPU and up to an Nvidia GTX Titan Z graphics card. Origin says the AIO can be loaded with up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM with options for a custom USB webcam and a clear back cover to show off what's inside.

Around front is a curved 34-inch widescreen display (21:9 aspect ratio) sporting a resolution of 3,440 x 1,440.

Origin says the Chronos SFF system will be available starting next month while the AIO Omni will ship sometime during this quarter. No word yet on how much either system will start at although given that Origin is a boutique PC builder, don't expect them to come cheap.

Permalink to story.

Now that's an AIO! Very interested in seeing what the starting point will be price wise for the entry level system, or if you could get just the monitor and install your own hardware in the back. Although that is very unlikely, Origin will likely want to sell you the whole system in hopes of making more profit.

I too am quite impressed with the Omni and what it sets out to do, not sure about that stand though from an aesthetics point of view. Still, you can't get much smaller of a footprint than not literally having one at all. XD

The Chronos though, I guess they didn't want to reuse a silverstone case again~

As impressive as that Omnia is I'd be very chary about dropping money on one. It looks like after it outlives it's usefulness, e-waste here we come. You probably wouldn't be able to get a cent back on it.

Back