OS 7 BSOD help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adgoff21

I had seen this before but update all my drivers and problem was gone. This week it has came back and I will be lucky to get this posted in one try.

Attached is the last one. When they happen its like every 5 mins.

Please help

Attachments

• 061110-32937-01.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 3
Your error code is 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
This memory management error is usually hardware related.

Since your memory dump gave nothing definitive as the cause we want you to run Memtest on your memory in light of your symptoms.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

Slot A1 Pass: 22 Err: 0
Slot B1 Pass:9 Err:0

Corsair ddr3 1600 2x2gb
I built this system in Oct '09 and I bought the HD5750 when they first came out and it has had problems in the past.

Do you have any more recent minidump files? When do the crashes occur, i.e. what are you doing?

What is the make of your motherboard?

Mobo: ASRock P55 extreme
The dumps tend to happen when on internet, I use Foxfire.
I have not had one since I posted the inital message. I will try to get another and post file.

0xA error and thesses are caused either by hardware or faulty drivers. Nothing definitive was cited.

Two things to try:

A. Update your NIC/wireless drivers

B. Update video card drivers...

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

I uninstalled the VGA driver. I then reboot and missed the opertunity to run safe mode. Nearly as soon windows started it happened again,BSOD. Then on reboot, in safemode, I cleaned the driver, reinstalled after reboot and repaired wireless driver(already had latest).

Attachments

• 061210-27734-01.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 1
An 0xD1 error and these are usually caused by faulty drivers but only cited another Windows OS driver this time USBPORT.sys.

We're looking at something related to your internet but exactly what is the question. When you updated your NIC/wireless drivers from where did you do so?

from asrock homepage
asrock.com/MB/download.asp?Model=P55 Extreme&o=All

I also update Realtek from encore, mfg or wireless card.
encore-usa.com/us/support/ENLWI-G2

Another 0xA error and this one specifically cited corrupted memory as your issue.

Find the designed voltage for your memory. Then go into your BIOS and find the voltage settings for your memory as set by your motherboard. Do they match?

I think your got it. It shows my frequency set at 1333, but I have 1600 design.
The voltage was 1.65v for both design and setting.

Brand CORSAIR
Series XMS3
Model CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

Should I manual change the setting and take it off Auto?

I may have jumped the gun. I went ahead and adjusted the my default and I had already created a profile to fit the this ram. So, I reinstated profile 1 and now they are coming up constantly.

Attachments

• 061310-31625-01.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 061310-32765-01.zip
    28 KB · Views: 1
Two errors specifically cited memory corruption. Link us to your motherboard.

The other specifically cited the ATI driver atikmdag.sys When you have memory either corrupted or not speced correctly you'll get all kinds of system issues and read outs. If you want to update your video card drivers do the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

We already did that.
I used CCleaner and it found about 200+ reg errors. I then cleaned them. I will see if I can now adjust my memory.

Can you please give us Model Number/Part Numbers etc. for your Corsair Ram? So we can determine its 'correct' timings/settings along with voltage. Now, to keep things simple remember that settings doesn't mean just the frequency at which the RAM is designed to run.

We already did that.
I used CCleaner and it found about 200+ reg errors. I then cleaned them. I will see if I can now adjust my memory.

Oops you did.

This is what i think is happening. Your memory is designed for 1600 but your motherboard's highest setting is for 1333 un less your memory is overclocked.

Now because your memory is already 1600 this means you are going to incrementally increase the voltage to your memory until stability occurs.

This is all conjecture though which is why I requested a link to your motherboard.

MOBO: P55 Extreme
Memory: Cosair
Cas Latency: 9
Voltage: 1.65V
Multi-channel Kit: Dual Channel Kit
Timing: 9-9-9-24
Model #: CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back