Overclock Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

I have had my computer overclocked now for a few days, having it set at between 3.0 and 3.1 ghz (fsb 150-155) and everything worked fine. I went into BIOS and set the fsb to 165, and the screen came up blank and the mobo kept resetting itself. I removed the lithium battery (What is this called?) and set the fsb to 160, same thing. I then set it to 158-9 and the computer started up normally, and I turned on speedfan, and it reported 99, normal for my overclock. All of a sudden the computer restarted itself. I then toned the overclock down to fsb 150, and now everything is fine. What happened?

Turn off your computer, set your PSU switch to off with it still plug in so it can ground. Remove CMOS Battery for a few mins and reinsert it and turn the switch back on then also the computer. Then go into BIOS and reset the settings to your perfered choice.

CrossFire851 said:
Turn off your computer, set your PSU switch to off with it still plug in so it can ground. Remove CMOS Battery for a few mins and reinsert it and turn the switch back on then also the computer. Then go into BIOS and reset the settings to your perfered choice.
You must've totally missed the part where he did that, and his actual question was "what happened?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back