P4 Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to purchase the new Abit IT7 board and run a P4 1.8a processor. I am so used to P3's that I haven't kept up with the best cooling options for the P4. I am not planning on overclocking. Looking for stability in my computer... What are the best options for heatsink/fans for the Pentium 4 that will work well with the IT7 board? Thanks,

as long as you dont plan to overclock you should be fine with any heatsink/fan combo rated for that speed, however i would recomend something that is beyond what you need in order to retain the potental for overclocking.

Im partial to the overclockerz (they changer there name ) (www.noblepcs.com they have realy good products and great servise (and they started out a year ago in a garage 3 blocks from my house)

You may be content with "sufficient" or "adequate" but myself, I take cooling very seriously and want something I can depend on.
I'd recommend having a look at Thermaltake's offerings. The Volcano 7 and the Dragon Orb are both good coolers, though the Dragon is quite noisy. I believe you will find them at most if not all of Uncleel's links above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back