P5Q-E, Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriss

Hey there

A mate of mine has asked me to build him a PC, and currently I'm trying to work out what motherboard to get. Having a look around the P5Q-E seems to be around budget and the reviews say its an alright board. The thing is, I bought the P5Q3 Deluxe when that first came out, and had nothing but trouble trying the get the ram to run stable with that board, until I gave up and traded it. Although saying that, that board was DDR3.

So I was wondering if any of you have tried tried this board, and what you think of it. Also if it did run fine, what ram did you pick for it.

Thanks

ASUS boards have a habit of being picky about RAM. I would suggest getting a Gigabyte motherboard instead. The GA-EP45-UD3P is a great choice.

I own a GA-EP45-DS3R and use an OCZ Reaper DDR2 kit. No problems whatsoever. IMO, you shouldn't have any problems with any kit from the "Big Three" i.e. Corsair, Crucial and OCZ.

The p5Q usually have issues with ocz, mushkin, A data ram, not sure why, that's just my experience though.

P5q-e

I had the OCZ Platinum EB edition so that would make sense why it had trouble. Thanks rage for the board. Seems to be good and has everything that he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back