Page error in non page area

Status
Not open for further replies.
help! Dell XPS Gen 3, no troubles for 3 years, now blue screens many times a day. done all kinds of maintenance.

here is the error signature:

BCCode : 50 BCP1 : FFFFBBF8 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 8054AF32

BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

can anyone tell me what to do? I can't identify what this error is telling me, but it's always the same error.

Otherwise the PC works perfectly.

I replaced the memory from the original 1 gig to 4 gig. I have run the Dell diagnostics - no problems found. Memory tests show no errors. Done all the other diagnostic tests that I can find. No other problems with this PC, except the Page Error.

I have bought and run NoAdware - no problems found. I have bought ErrorSmart - registry cleaner. No problems found. Also bought RegCure, but when it starts a scan it goes to the blue screen everytime I try to run it. Gets to about 25 errors found and POW! BLUE SCREEN

NoAdware did find a VIRUS and removed it. Log says: Removing Spyware Trojan.Vundo... Removing Registry Trojan.Vundo... IS IT POSSIBLE that the virus still looms HIDDEN in the registry somewhere and therefore CRASHES the system all the time?

Windows Debugger will run, but I don't have the right SYMBOLS and not sure how to get them from MS to my PC?? So I cannot interpret what the dump says.

thanks for more suggestions!!

jhick323

All 3 of the minidumps read the same

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe

Cause
Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

Possible solutions
If you have more than 1 stick of ram in your computer. Power down your computer and pull all but 1 stick of ram out then power your computer back up and see if it blue screens. If it does or if it doesn't..repeat that process until all the sticks of ram have been tested.

Another option is to get memtest from www.memtest.org burn the iso version to a cd then boot the cd by restarting your computer with the cd drive as the first boot device and let it run for a minimum of 7 passes. Note: There are several tests performed per pass.

As for the regcure scan and blue screening try this www.ccleaner.com download and install ccleaner and use it's registry scanning feature.

What antivirus are you using at the moment?

something else worth trying is running a chkdsk on your hard drive. Click start-->run-->type cmd and press enter. In the cmd window type the following: chkdsk C: /f If you are prompted to schedule CHKDSK to run the next time the computer restarts (because CHKDSK may be unable to gain exclusive access to the drive under Windows), press Y then press enter then restart your computer.

Caution
Interrupting the Chkdsk process when it is used with the /F or the /R switch is not recommended. The integrity of the disk can be compromised by stopping the process. Do not start a scan if a thunderstorm is expected and you are subject to power failures.

After you have done the above stated please post back and let us know the results. I would check the memory first since you replaced that recently with a sizeable upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back