Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Howard

Hi peepz im new to theses forums, im at a mates house and he has a old amd 2000+ 712mbr a geforce 4 mx 440 and a segate 7200 60 gig hd. Using xp home!

Atm his computer is having massive issues it wont load windows in safe mode or any other mode it wont even boot of the cd, ive been trying to get into the windows installer off the cd but half way through it blue screens of death with the above error. My first thought when it kept restarting was to fix master boot record as that has fixed myn a few times over the years but i cant accses any thing with out it blue screen of deathing!!

Any ideas on how to fix it or at least be able to reinstall windows would be great!

You could boot from any Windows XP disc, and go to the Recovery console (the first R prompt)
Login to the Administrator (1 then enter)

Then do a Checkdisk, ie: chkdsk c: /f (or just do chkdsk c: /? to get all options)

Believe it or not, CheckDisk has been known to fix these issues

Otherwise download The Ultimate BootCD, backup all user data, and re-install Windows clean (ie remove the Partition first)

Up to you ;)

when i have the win cd in the drive it says "press any key to boot from cd. If i dont push a key it says "error loading operating system"

You can't boot the Xp CD ?

I can it goes through finding system details e.t.c but when i choose to reinstall or recovery it gives me a blue screen of death

Has it got extra Ram in it?

I have seen Users with extra Ram (say above 2Gig on XP) and this may happen

Otherwise it's the backup with UBCD and then remove Partition idea

God you're fast (but remember I have to think, you just supply info ;) )

Does it have any User data worth saving?
Because I've mentioned 3 times to remove the Partition and install Windows clean

Yer i have removed the partioion and tried to reinstall windows but it gets half way through and restarts.

Yes my mate said there is data on there he doesnt want to loose

Memtest does not need Windows or a Harddrive, it just tests Ram
The memtest in blue above is a clickable link, to show you how to create and run (a 4Hr ;) ) Memtest scan disc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back