Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmaltz

I all of a sudden started getting a "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" error when booting my PC. Ther are no numbers associated with the error message, just PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

The PC had been running with no problems until I upgraded my AVG antivirus. I, ultimetely, had to uninstall it to get the PC to boot properly and thought my problems were solved, but it has reoccurred. It causes my PC to continually reboot. I've used msconfig to turn off the loading of all extraneous programs and drivers but I keep getting a message saying that I need to be logged in as an administrator (which I am since it's MY home machine). And even with most of these extraneous programs and drivers not loading, I still have the PAGE_FAULT problem.

Thanks for any help.
Ben

I forgot to specify my PC:

ASUS P4P800 Deluxe mobo
2 GB RAM
Pentium 4 2.6 GHZ CPU
160GB HD
Windows XP Pro SP-2

My 2.6 GHz CPU has been overclocked to 2.9 GHZ for about 4 months with NO problems. why would I have a problem now - the RAM is about 4.5 months old.

Thanks,
Ben

No one can guranteer hardware worked for yesterday and today is still working. Actually I don't mean the ram is faulty and I mean your ram may have problem. If you don't run the memtest and attach the minidumps here. I can't help you.

OK, here are the mini dumps. I'll run memtest tonight and get back with you tomorrow evening.

thanks for the help
Ben

Latest Minidumps indicate problems with:

Incdpass.sys (Ahead CD/RW Filter Driver)
MFX.sys (PC Magic Encripted Magic Folders)

Do these sound familiar?

Upgrade ZA and Norton AV

Your version of ZA and Norton AV has known software problem which cause blue screen. I find the footprint of ZA at the latest minidump. Probably the last minidump is crashed by ZA. Upgrade ZA and Norton AV may resolve the screen problem.

thanks for checking. I thought I was running the latest ver of ZA but I'll recheck it. And I uninstalled NAV 2-3 months ago and am runing AVG Antivirus, now. So I wonder what Mr Norton left behind when I uninstalled him.

I'm not surprised about Ahead being a problem. I tried to burn a CD just before the BCD problem occurred and had problems with Nero. I tried running the update for it and that's when I started having all these problems.

I've finally been able to boot normally by resetting my RAM to no OC and defragging and resetting my pagefile as instructed. Also, my BIOS seems to have been somewhat trashed and that is bothering me (my PC is only 3 yrs old so its battery should not be low, just yet). I've reset the BIOS to its defaults, too.

Also, I've uninstalled Nero and wil attempt to reinstall it once I'm sure my RAM is working OK (running a memtest now).

Thanks again,
Ben

Wow, you're right. They are the only ones I have in the Minidump folder. Does that mean I have something set wrong within Windows?

Thanks,
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back