Paragon giving away Drive Backup 9.5 until Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Paragon Software Group is offering up a free copy of its Drive Backup Professional tool as part of weekend sale which will run until 9 a.m. Eastern time on May 4. The software usually retails for $50 and includes several easy to use features to backup an image of either your entire hard drive or a partition. Backups can be performed in multiple ways, each with a different purpose, from simple backup of files to more advanced scheduled backup operations.

The version being given out for free is 9.5, rather than the latest 10.0 release. Nevertheless you'll get a very reliable and powerful backup solution with a lot of tools and features for getting your stuff secured against a possible drive failure in the future. If anything goes wrong and you need to restore your data, you can do it from a single backup image at any time without requiring you to install further software. A bootable recovery CD or USB stick can also be created.

Paragon Drive Backup 9.5 Professional has very basic system requirements (300MHz CPU, 256MB of RAM, 150MB storage space) and is available for download here. You must register to get the free serial.

Permalink to story.

Just downloaded a 300 MB EXE file. Why would a backup program be so huge?

I tried to get a registration code from Paragon, but it seems their site is down.

How can you say it takes up 150M storage space when the download is 300M? Should I ditch the download after installing it? What if I need to reinstall?

@tonylukac: That's the amount of free space you need to install the program (as listed on Paragon's site, anyway).Obviously this doesn't consider the installer file size, and whether you decide to keep it or not is up to you.

Unfortunately, Paragon's website seems to be down, presumably due to high traffic.

Way to go, Techspot. Marvelous program. I filled out your survey today and I guess this was the super payment! I finally found a free way to backup my new linux installation, and it even restores individual linux files from windows after the backup. It also has a standalone recovery cd. No need to mess with that stupid bart cd. Thanks again.

How and where can I get this free serial? I went to the Paragon site. Doesnt seem like they are still advertising the free serial. and this Survey, not sure how and where you can fill it out.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Actually, you need to install the program first then register through the program (which will take you to the paragon site), neither through techspot or Paragon-software.

Thanks for the share Techspot. I downloaded and installed the program with no issues. This program will definitely come in handy. I was curious why the startup screen says 10.0 and the program is 9.5. I looked in the program and the library build is 9.5 but the other builds are 10.0.

Altho it worked fine for my linux installation and my ntfs vista partition on my homebuilt asus computer, it failed miserably on my old Dell xp. The scripts interpretor gave the error: It's impossible to initialize VSS for processed volume. I replaced the hard disk on that Dell and originally had trouble with windows backup doing shadow copy. That is the reason I found Techspot! Techspot's gurus resolved THAT problem due to the Acronis cloning software, but ironic a backup problem should recur 3 years later. Oh well; back to windows backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back