Partition issues

Dognapper0

I had a Ubuntu Partition on my hardrive, but now I use a different disk for that.
So, I thought I would create a continuous partition for my windows. I tried to delete the partition and it sort of wiped it, but doesn't turn it into free space like I thought it would. Whenever I try to format or delete the odd partition, I get an error message "There is not enough space available on the disk(s) to complete this opperation."

I don't know what to do next.
Help.

What software are you using? Probably what you will need to do is re-size the primary partition. When you deleted the "odd" partition it became unallocated space. If I am reading your post correctly you are wanting only one partition.

I was using the Windows disk manager. (Notice the past tense.)
I discovered a small recovery partition that Ubuntu normally creates. I was wary to remove this because it was lable recovery. (The fact that I had two recovery partitions tipped me off. I deleted this partition (3.34Gb). Then I had enough to actually remove the larger (76.25Gb) partition, letting me extend my Windows partition (200.41Gb) to it's orriginal size (280.00Gb).
All is well. No thanks to you. :p Really, I just troubleshot myself in the foot at first.

I was using the Windows disk manager. (Notice the past tense.)
I discovered a small recovery partition that Ubuntu normally creates. I was wary to remove this because it was lable recovery. (The fact that I had two recovery partitions tipped me off. I deleted this partition (3.34Gb). Then I had enough to actually remove the larger (76.25Gb) partition, letting me extend my Windows partition (200.41Gb) to it's orriginal size (280.00Gb).
All is well. No thanks to you. :p Really, I just troubleshot myself in the foot at first.

Ubuntu (or any Linux) doesn't create a "recovery" partition, that is usually something related to OEM manufacturers making a "recovery OS" partition to help users install Windows on their computer.

EASUS ... all my partition needs are met with this.. no errors...... its lite and easy (like my ex...)
try it next time..

As recommended by the others, Easeus is the way to go imho.

@ ravisunny2 Thanks for posting the link for the Giveaway of the day. I had no idea Easeus done such things. This is great.

All is well. No thanks to you.

While probably initiated by your sense of humor, I fail to see how such comments are either warranted or even necessary.

Back