Partition Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarko

Hi,
I have two operation system on my computer, and I don't know how these things took place but my partition which I installed my first Windows (Vista x64) is (Boot, Page file, Crash Dump, Logical Drive)
My Second Windows (Win 7 x64) I installed on the same hard drive but additional partition, and this partition is (System, Active, Prime Partition). This is what information I've got when I checked in Disk Management.
I know that I really s.....up two partitions on my computer, and I really need to fix this, but first of all, I don't want to lose my data, and I don't know if this is possible, and if it is I don't have any idea how to do it.
I really need some help, some advices because I'm not able to do this by myself, someone helps. I started to get in post screen some messages about this problem and info that I have to fix this problem.

Hire somebody, or bring a friend over with a case of beer.
There is very little chance we can help you here, with the time it takes and the amount of information that must be transmitted back and forth.

A good local tech that has the time... or a brilliant younger tech from college or high school can trouble shoot and if he or she has enough experience, re do it several times until it is right.

But a website is not a good choice for information that involved, in my opinion

Ok,:(
Is there chance that I'll do back up of this two partition with different versions of windows and after this, I can put them on separated hard drives (bigger size) ?
And my second question is what kind of partition I supposed to do for my Vista which I installed first and what kind of partition for Win 7, which was installed second ?

As ray advised get someone to help you on this one; i think they should be able to pull your data out, as he said it will whole lot more faster and efficient; but you may end up having to reinstall everything again. And there is no harm in having two OSes running on same HDD but different partitions; I do that all the time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back