GPU-Asus HD 5770 CuCore AMD / ATI Graphics Card - 1GB
HDD-Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB
Optical Drive-Lite-On iHAS124-04
PSU-Corsair Enthusiast Series 650TX
Case-Cooler Master Elite 430

These are my concerns:
I am not sure whether the Mobo is compatible with the CPU
if the PSU is suitable i.e. too much or too little power
whether the GPU would cope well with games like Black Ops etc.

Thanks

You might want a higher capacity PSU. The CPU will definitely be compatible with the motherboard though. Also that looks like some pretty high-end RAM; I don't think it will actually be running at 2000 MHz unless you overclock your CPU substantially. Maybe buying lower spec (like 1600MHz) RAM and using the money saved on a better graphics card would be a better bet (that's just a personal opinion though). Also if you do decide to buy that RAM make sure it is compatible with the AMD motherboard; some of the higher end RAM I see are advertised as being only for Intel.

(I edited because grammatical errors drive me mad :p)

Looks like the maximum memory speed supported by the GA-890GPA-UD3H is 1866 (OC) ... really depends on whether you plan to overclock, if not DDR3 1600 would be sufficient. Would also go for a little bit stronger graphics card but overall the build looks very solid. Also think the Corsair 650TX should handle your needs quite comfortably.

You might want a higher capacity PSU. The CPU will definitely be compatible with the motherboard though. Also that looks like some pretty high-end RAM; I don't think it will actually be running at 2000 MHz unless you overclock your CPU substantially. Maybe buying lower spec (like 1600MHz) RAM and using the money saved on a better graphics card would be a better bet (that's just a personal opinion though). Also if you do decide to buy that RAM make sure it is compatible with the AMD motherboard; some of the higher end RAM I see are advertised as being only for Intel.

(I edited because grammatical errors drive me mad :p)

Thanks for that :) but according to most guides I have read they state that around 650W-750W is ideal for a Gaming PC.

You're welcome.
Especially consider benches of the AMD 1100T BE vs the i7-2500k; I realize that the 1100T hex-core is a good bit quicker than the processor you originally selected, but it's just to make a point. Note that some graphs will say HIGHER is better, while some will say LOWER is better.

Also, the 5770 is only about two-thirds as quick (maybe; worst case for the 6950) as the 6950, even less than the 6970.

It maybe that in Europe, the prices are not as good as in the US, so if prices are too high, I'd be looking back at your original build, with some minor changes.

Back