Parts for Pentium G860 budget build?

Hal24

Hi,
I am planning a general use budget build around a Pentium G860 CPU.
What is a quality/cost effective motherboard for this that would do the job for a few years?
Also any recommendation for a graphics card?
No o/c, sli, xf,movies, etc.
Already have monitor(1440x900), mouse, keyboard, speakers
Thanks for your help, it is appreciated

For that CPU, I would say any motherboard that will fit your case.

The CPU has integrated graphics built in, do you want more graphical power than the integrated graphics has to offer?

For that CPU, I would say any motherboard that will fit your case.

The CPU has integrated graphics built in, do you want more graphical power than the integrated graphics has to offer?

I am not planning to use any integrated graphics. I hope to get a decent graphics card.
For a case I think I am looking at an ATX mid tower.

Probably will get a 80 plus certified PSU.

As my budget is quite limited I am looking for the best bang for the buck components.

Can you point me in the right direction for this budget build?

Thanks

What do you intend to use the computer for and what is your budget range?

General home use and some light gaming; also some simulators like MS Train/Flight simulators.
My budget is around Canadian$ 600.

Thanks for your interest.

I think you should get a better CPU, something like an i5 2400 or i3 2120 at least. That should definitely fit within your budget as you don't require a very powerful graphics card by the sound of things (Radeon 6670 should be enough for Flight sim). Going down the AMD route, the A8-3870 is very cost effective and you will get better graphics performance as you can run it as dual graphics with the discrete card.

As you're not interested in overclocking a cheap MSI/Gigabyte motherboard will be fine. A 400-450W branded PSU should be enough power. The case is really personal preference.

Back