Passwords question

learninmypc

On W7 & Vista you can right click a bare spot on your desktop & left click personalization then click on the screen saver & eventually you get to where you see Capturepassword.JPG If I type in a password on either my Vista or W7, is that the same password I'd need when I reboot to get to the desktop?

If I type in a password on either my Vista or W7, is that the same password I'd need when I reboot to get to the desktop?
Yes! What's happening is you are telling the Screen Saver to log you out each time it runs. Therefor requiring you to log back in. It is a security feature that automatically logs you out, if you leave the machine for a designated set time.

Yes! What's happening is you are telling the Screen Saver to log you out each time it runs. Therefor requiring you to log back in. It is a security feature that automatically logs you out, if you leave the machine for a designated set time.
Ok, so when I turn the Vista or W7 off/reboot, I'll have to enter the password in, correct?

The screen saver will log you out, but you will only need a password if you have one set for login. Otherwise all you have to do is click on your name to log back in.

Hmm; screen saver does not log you out - - running programs are still available and do not need to be restarted.

Back