PC boots, motherboard CPU led goes red, everything else turns on

saram96

i have a new asus p7p55d motherboard with a I5 760 CPU and well the motherboard light for cpu is on indicating there is something wrong with the cpu and i have no display from my Sapphire 5830 are the two linked or should my motherboard post my H50 was connected properly cuz my paste from my h50 pump is on the cpu now and i can hear the water running through but my mobo light is on should i RMA the cpu or take it to a store any ideas from you guys....

BTW my 2 hard drives vibrate like aeroplanes and my dvd drive opens my red hard drive led on the case stays on doesnt blink and my gpu fan spins my psu spins and my motherboard lights up so is it the cpu i reseated it like three times have no idea what to do

Do you have the AUX 12Volt CPU connector from the power supply connected to the motherboard?

Try this and Wait

Use the Cmos clear jumper and with the computer off, use a screw driver to touch the ends for 8 seconds at least. Then press the power and wait 30 seconds and it should start. This is a temporary fix. You will have to do this every time you cold start the machine. I still have the same problem and will be looking for help. For now this is how you can enter bios or windows. Thanks.

i have the 12v 8 pin cpu connected, and i returned all of it and will replace mobo with Gigabyte P55-USB3

Its not much of the boards problem and i think asus is great.

Its sapphire cards. I have a sapphire 5770 and its doing the exact thing. It won't boot. But if i get a xfx or a asus 5770 card it will work. Its a compatibility issue with sapphire cards. I don't prefer them anymore. Sapphire won't work with all motherboards for some reason.

Back