PC boots with no monitor, keyboard and mouse

Hey guys,
today I upgraded my old gaming pc, I went from old Intel Pentium G4600 to Ryzen 5 2600.

I did it myself I checked every single connector tried switching RAM to other DIMM slots but I still get No Output when I power up the pc.

The cpu is required to have GPU installed, and it is, everything runs fine from outer looks of things, but I get no output on monitor, my keyboard/mouse is not ON and the pc runs fine powered up for minutes.

If you have some idea what I possibly could do wrong please let me know.

I should also mention that I was "building" a PC for the first time, but I kinda knoe what I'm doing 😅 Also excuse my English skills

My current specs:
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • Gigabyte B550M DS3H
  • MSI Gtx 1050ti 4gb
  • 18gb RAM Patriot Viper 3600mhz C17
  • Evolveo 500W PSU
  • 480gb patriot SATA ssd
  • 2x 7.2k rmp HDD's 1tb and 2tb

Ahh yes. You did not check the CPU support for that newer motherboard:

You will see that the older Ryzen 5 2600 CPU is not supported in that chipset you have (B550). You need a newer CPU. I recommend a Ryzen 3 3300x (great value). If you want to go up...then grab a 3600 or the 5600X would be the top choice. I can't speak to your RAM choice but that could be the next issue if you did not check the QVL for RAM or check RAM compatibility with the RAM manufacturer.

Yea I found out in the morning that b550 chipset is only compatible with 3000 and 5000 series, feel dumb as hell, shame the seller didnt uncluded this in insertion, nvm gonna swap to B450 right now. thanks for the answer tho.

I'm glad you got to the bottom of it. RAM could be another issue as you swap from one to another.

Back