PC can't read DVD disks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzz

I bought a few games today, but when I put them in my cd drive they don't work, neither does it make any sound. And when I go into my computer there's no icon or anything. I've confirmed that all the disks work on my brother's pc. All the games are on a dvd disk. But I've tried some random DVD+R disk and it worked fine on my computer and I've gone into device manager and under DVD/CD-ROM drivers. It says, LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S ATA device and XOTK BCHEZO12N SCSI cdRom device. Any help appreciated thanks.

Is your DVD drive old? Sometimes it may happen that new retail discs will not work when the sensor is too old / slightly damaged.

On my previous drive, after about 1.5 years of use, I was unable to run any music CDs / movie DVDs that I purchased. However, all copied DVDs were read fine. Also I was able to burn DVDs.

Yeah I think it's probably around 2-3 years old, but I've played other games before and I've never had this problem. And It's been able to read the latest games just fine on cd

Maybe updating your firmware would help. However, I'd still say that it might be time to change.

All the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back