PC Choice Help

Hiiiii, I need some help. I want to buy a pc but I want to buy the desktop whole thing you know, where its like a gaming computer and also like a normal computer to like photo shop and go on facebook and all. Is the gaming pc all that or just for gaming? Im rather confused. If so, any suggestions on good ones for around $400 below and above price?

If I were to buy my first PC and I weren't very nerd/tech oriented, I would probably look into a Dell or HP refurbished business computer with a strong PSU and a motherboard with PCIe expansion slot with the idea that I would add an nVidia GTX 1050 TI. With a moderate sized screen, it would total just about $400. NewEgg has a good selection. I could take it to college.

To be sure I get what I wanted inside the box, I would focus on the 3 or 4 games that I play or want to play. Steam lists minimum and best requirements and I would try to get a system that exceeded minimums and might almost get me to 'best'.

If it can handle a demanding game, then facebook and photoshop won't be an issue.

Even better is if you have a techie friend who can check it over.

Back