PC constantly restarts

Hi y'all , I have a Dell Optiplex GX620. About a month ago I upgraded from win7 to win10 , ever since the upgrade it's been a constant nightmare with my pc always restarting. I then decided to format my hardrive and reload win7 with the problem persisting I.e. the random constant restarting. My specs are "Processor : Intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU 2.80 GHx 2.79 Ghz ; Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.49 GB usable) ; System type : 64-bit Operating System". In addition I have unchecked "Automatically restart " in Start and recovery. I would really appreciate it if someone can assist me in resolving this issue.

Unless it is throwing blue screen errors or beep code errors, based on age of system, I suspect it is "thorough cleaning / new thermal paste / reseat all RAM & cards" time - at least to start (bad pun).

You turned off auto restart - so what does it do now?

Can you run some utilities or does it crash before POST?

I
Unless it is throwing blue screen errors or beep code errors, based on age of system, I suspect it is "thorough cleaning / new thermal paste / reseat all RAM & cards" time - at least to start (bad pun).

You turned off auto restart - so what does it do now?

Can you run some utilities or does it crash before POST?
t is still carrying on in terms of this random restarting. It's especially frustrating while I'm working then it does this restarting thing.

I can understand your feeling of frustration. To help, I need specific description as I do not have the system here.
1- confirm you have disabled 'auto restart' in BIOS/Settings?
2- has it stopped restarting automatically?
3- when it crashes/stops, is there a beep(s) alert? (if so, what?)
4- is there any message on screen?
5- if you can access a Windows utility program, please try "reliability history" - and look at the 'View technical details' which appears in the "Action" column (faulting application?, APPCRASH?, Fault Module?, Exception Code?)

I can understand your feeling of frustration. To help, I need specific description as I do not have the system here.
1- confirm you have disabled 'auto restart' in BIOS/Settings?
2- has it stopped restarting automatically?
3- when it crashes/stops, is there a beep(s) alert? (if so, what?)
4- is there any message on screen?
5- if you can access a Windows utility program, please try "reliability history" - and look at the 'View technical details' which appears in the "Action" column (faulting application?, APPCRASH?, Fault Module?, Exception Code?)
Hiya,

Apologies for the delay in response. You know how crazy things have been with me and my machine.

I'll reply to all of your questions in the same order as you had numbered them yeah.

1 - Remember I've got a Dell Optiplex GX620 - And was unable to locate where to disable it in the BIOS. However via the my computer icon I was able even though that action was futile.

2- No Sir.

3 - No bleeping sounds . Just quietly restarts - randomly

4- No message on screen

5- Will get back to you on this point momentarily.

There I done did a utilities report. Hopefully you can make some sense of it and advise accordingly.

Thanks for assisting me in seeking resolution to this issue.

I checked User Guide and you are correct, there does not appear to be a method for turning off auto restart (urrrgh). Long time since I had a GX620 on the bench.

Reliability History indicates that your problem started abruptly during morning of 2/27. I wish there was more description. Please check each of the available reports (red dot with cross) for more information.

Also look up "Troubleshooting" in your copy of manual or https://images10.newegg.com/UploadF...x_gx620_user_s_20guide_en_us1400132750004.pdf

Dell Diagnostics should be available by pressing f12 key when Dell logo comes up.

Being a 15 year old machine with a history of swollen capacitors, you may find an issue on the motherboard - bright light and magnification is the trick.

Sorry, no magic bullet...

Back