PC dead

It's been quite the Odyssey. After using a pc win10 for 9 months and playing Diablo 3 my pc died on me. Many rolling restarts after a few minutes of gaming or simply watching Netflix for a couple hours. After checking and rechecking, the only thing we know its wrong with it, it was that it would shutdown with a temperature around 70ºC no higher. No software problems or drivers. Just one day died and now doesnt even start. I was told by the local Pc repair shop, that it could be the mobo that died and, or the onboard graphics wasnt potent enough to run Diablo and its exhausted now and fried. Even with an external graphics card, it would shut down after a few minutes and do rolling restarts and then just stay dead 2 or 3 days without working. After a few days I could use it again for a few hours but not gaming, just internet browsing.

Any clues?

Is there a way to know what is wrong with it?
Thanx

Have you looked for problem devices ?
screenshot_24.jpg

You can use msinfo32.exe in a cmd prompt too.
screenshot_24.jpg

Sorry to hear of your trouble. 70C can be too hot for some CPUs and is a bit warm for GPUs (I like mine to stay under 60C). Heat will 'wear out' a computer.

"But the pc doesnt boot anymore." is pretty bad. Can you get it to do anything? (whistle, buzz, beep, moan?) Do fans spin? Does monitor flicker? The article mentioned above is pretty good approach. Personally, I have had some (unexpected) success with a complete tear down, cleaning, replacing thermal interface paste ("TIM") and "step and test" rebuild using the motherboard manual.

Heat, static and voltage surges are the main killers - but I had one which seemed fried, but a small clipping of wire had fallen into a slot - fell out when I was checking for burned bits - started right up.

Back