PC freeze issue

waterproof

Hello all
I am having major dilemma with my computer, it randomly freezes while browsing. The screen freeze at any moment, any functioning keys or mouse would not move as it goes into a freeze state and each freeze state requires me to do a hard reboot (from the chassis). There is no BSOD and there is no Event Viewer that has stated something critical. With that, comes artifacting and also all my monitors (3) black out and then appears again, but I get more freezing.

I have plugged out and and took out 1 gpus and swap with the other (vice versa) same freezing issue (I uninstalled the drivers for gpu seeing if its gpu related and drive sweep etc same thing). I decided to go with safe mode: with networking.. no freeze and thats 8 hours (I get freezes every hour.. very random) but I cant guarantee if its just luck or not..

It will be great if anyone can help me out.

specs:
windows 7 64 bit
512gb SSD
Intel Core i5 2500K
ram: 16.0GB
gpu: 2 msi gtx 560 TI
mobo: gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3

If it is running without issue in Safe Mode it is a safe bet it is a driver issue. The question becomes what driver(s)? Have you updated and drivers lately or added any software recently?

What security software are you running?

If it is running without issue in Safe Mode it is a safe bet it is a driver issue. The question becomes what driver(s)? Have you updated and drivers lately or added any software recently?

What security software are you running?

I've updated to the latest stable drivers for the gpu. You're right, who knows what drivers lol but I have uninstalled/reinstalled the ones only from the date where the issue first appeared. Also, I'm just running MSE, nothing else.

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video7
!06e6(1a58)

----

I get this in event viewer ^^ when I first get the freeze, then it unfreezes and freezes there and here for few seconds between time.. until where it stays frozen more than a minute until I have to reboot from the chassis power button.

Nviddmkm is an Nvidia driver and it says either the driver and/or the installation of the drivers is corrupted.. Uninstall this card and its drivers. Try reinstalling again with your security software disabled. Then reboot. What are the results?

From the sounds of it, yep I believe so...just surprised it can be two GPUs that's causing it..

I also got my first BSOD:

DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
nvlddmkm.sys
ntoskrnl.exe

Using BlueScreen viewer.. those two were highlighted red.

nvlddmkm.sys This shows an Nvidia driver issue... so yes, the video card may be bad or over-heating

I had a similar issue with same effects, but different entry in eventlog:

Log Name: System
Source: nvlddmkm
Date: 15.8.2013 10:13:55
Event ID: 14
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: admin-pc
Description:
The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video5
!06e6(24f8)

- Complete NVidia driver uninstall, downgrade to 314.22 with "new install" option & without hdmi audio option seems to solve it, haven't yet tried any other option/driver version

- System is stable since 19.08. 16:50

Specs:
windows 7 64 bit
cpu: Intel Core i5-4670
ram: 2x4GB GSkill Ripjaws F3 CL9
gc: POV GeForce GTX 460
mb: Intel DQ87PG
hdd: Intel 335 SSD + WD1000DHTZ

Same here, Had to go back to driver 314.22. From what I have heard a lot of people have had issues .With the last two driver updates.

It was from Apirl. If you look on your C drive. You should have a folder mark NIVDIA. If click on it you will find all the drivers you have installed. If at some point you installed this driver 314.22 it should still be there.

It was from Apirl. If you look on your C drive. You should have a folder mark NIVDIA. If click on it you will find all the drivers you have installed. If at some point you installed this driver 314.22 it should still be there.
Sweet, thanks mate. Would have a look and see if I could bring back updates few months back to solve the issue!

Looks like it is the cause, reverted back to 314.22 and no more freezes..(still get the occasional antifacting but doesnt freeze pc) this is messed up on Nvidia's driver's part. What can we do? Stay on the drive (march '13) or wait?

I down load from the same site Tmagic Stated. But as he has suggested you might want to apply some fresh thermal paste. If you are getting artifacts. As far as the driver. I am going to wait for a couple more updates. Before I try again.

Looks like it is the cause, reverted back to 314.22 and no more freezes..(still get the occasional antifacting but doesnt freeze pc) this is messed up on Nvidia's driver's part. What can we do? Stay on the drive (march '13) or wait?

When does the artifacting occur, I.e. randomly or when you are doing something specific?

When does the artifacting occur, I.e. randomly or when you are doing something specific?
When I'm playing a game, when I click on my third monitor, all monitor blacks out for a second and says that Nvidia driver had crashed and recovered.. then it stopped

I down load from the same site Tmagic Stated. But as he has suggested you might want to apply some fresh thermal paste. If you are getting artifacts. As far as the driver. I am going to wait for a couple more updates. Before I try again.
Do I need to take out the main case? Never applied thermal paste on a GPU before.

This is my gpu: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_...force-gtx-560-ti-1gb-review/msi-gtx560-8b.jpg

You just need to take out the video card and remove some screws from the back of the video card, removing the fans and the heat sink under the fans. The GPU is an IC under the heat sink(s). Clean off the old paste and apply just a small amount of new paste. Re-assemble the video card and keep your fingers crossed:)

Back