PC freezes and/or restarts, driver problem?

rvmsky011

Hello all, I am a bit of a noob so please help lol. I have had this problem of my pc freezing for about 2 years now it occurs a bit more and I have no idea why. It usually only happens when I am streaming videos on google chrome. I first thought it had something to do with my ram heating up, so I purchased more ram, and a memory fan. Now my ram has cooled down according to the windows 7 gadgets that monitors heat of cpu and ram. Honestly not sure what to do. My pc has the following:

CPU
Intel(R) CoreT i7-920 2.66 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
Motherboard
(3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58 Pro-E Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFire DDR3 Mainboard
Memory
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 & 3GB (1GBx3) PC1333 DDR3 PC3
Videocard
NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 CORE 216 896MB 16X PCI Express
Cooling
Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
Soundcard/Speakers
800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready

I suggest doing the following...

1. Go to our Download section and click on Utilities and then download Driver Sweeper 3.1 to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper and remove ONLY the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Hey I am not sure if this information means anything, but I can not for some reason install microsoft word, and I get errors lately saying problem with microsoft c++. I still havent been able to determine where problem is coming from, can anyone give me advice on how to determine the cause of problem?

to update, i took out some old ram i left in my case and seems like it did the trick! hopefully i don't jinx myself.

Back