PC keeps rebooting randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past week my computer kept constantly rebooting over and over again, when it rebooted about 3 times (while already in windows it rebooted while it was loading the startup things that you can see in msconfig) and then if I left it on and it just booted normally and I could work normally. But now I've been copying some files via TeamViewr since I'm at work and my computer crashed it booted up and now it always says "system has recovered from a serious error" when i click Don't Send another one just pops up. It constantly deletes the crash report files when I click Don't send and another one appears instantly so I saved 2 of them but i think that they are all the same. So could please somebody check the crash report files included in this post and tell me exactly why my computer crashed?

Tnx in advanced I really appreciate it!

Both your errors are 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

Both listed a Windows OS driver as the probable cause but Windows drivers are too general to be of much help.

So run memtest on your RAM and get back to us with the results:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Also, what antivirus are you running?

I'm running Avast! Home Free Edition

To answer the question for the memtest part I tied to run it a while ago when this started happening but the thing is I got some sort of error during the progress (it started up OK and it started checking too) CPU hold and the process stopped (it didn't freeze I could normally exit the program and everything). I'll try again today to give you a better description of the error.

P.S.: I forgot to ask earlier I have two RAM sticks how do I know witch one is causing me trouble?

A simple way is to remove one stick and boot-up. Do it with the other one. Any issues with either one?

Who would have guessed that my "newest" ram stick was causing the problems it's not even 1 year old. Anyways too it to the shop, had it replaced and now I've very gratefully writing to you thanks for your help!

My computer is once again at it's full strength :)

Once again tnx for all ur help!

Cheers,
shorto

Excellent! Glad it is running well. Corrupted memory is one of the most common problems for PC owners. Why it goes bad can be due to a few reasons but for the most part it is a mystery.

Huf well I guess I was in the wrong, it wasn't the RAM stick itself but it's the third slot on my motherboard. Right after I wrote this post my PC rebooted again, I ran memtest again and it found errors even on the new RAM stick and since the new one does not have any coolers on it like to old one I felt it and it was so hot I got those bubbles on my skin I stickied it with some cooler pipes I had left from my Graphics Card I stuck it on there but it only made the new ram stick last longer with memtest, eventually errors started popping up. I switched the slots, left memtest running 1,5hrs and no errors found so I guess my motherboard slot was overheating the old ram stick since it's nice and cool now in the second slot :).

P.S. I wanted to ask how do you check the .dmp files I really want to get an answer on my own the next time something like this happens :)

Ahh well guess it wasn't that either the computer still keeps rebooting but this time around when I plug my USB HDD :). Before I get my DeBugging thing running can I ask for another quick review of the latest .dmp file? :)

The guide is great analized it by myself but I'm totally stomped it's the same error again...

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: e4cbd000, memory referenced.
Arg2: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: 8052ad97, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 00000001, (reserved)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back