Pc keeps rebooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody.

Dont know if this is the right board for the post.For some strange reason my pc have started rebooting for no apparent reason mostly when i load a game to use the pc what it was intended for. I am at witts end with this problem and have tried most things that i can think of like reinstalling windows xp several times in a week(now it is boring).Secondly i have scand and rescand my pc for virus worm virus and what ever els is out there to solve the problem. no luck.

I have a AMD athlone 2400 with 256meg ram geforce3 64 meg 20 gig hdd system. my cpu temp is 94 degrees celcius in bios, O did i mention that my system is a turtle as well, extremly slow .

Please help where will my help come from if not from the masses.

Your system is hot. Havent you clean your case or had a better fan cooling solutions?

If not, clean your case, and clean your cpu heatsink's old thermal tape/pad/paste off and put fresh on or go to store and buy a new low profile copper heatsink or copper and aluminum combo heatsink will great help.

You should add a fan in case to aid the transfer of the heats.

Have a nice day.

Lucan

P.S. Your computer specs should run fast in windows xp, it is the heat that hold down the computer. Try a trial version of CPUIdle Extreme (IT WORKS) it help to pull heats from your computer when you are not using the computer. It even works when your computer is sleeping or standby!

CPUIDLE Website

http://www.cpuidle.de/

:END:

deonh911 said:
I have a AMD athlone 2400 with 256meg ram geforce3 64 meg 20 gig hdd system. my cpu temp is 94 degrees celcius in bios, O did i mention that my system is a turtle as well, extremly slow .

94 degrees Celsius? Much too hot!!! I recommend a new CPU fan as yours may be dead if it is getting that hot. Thermaltake makes good CPU fans - head over to newegg.com or zipzoomfly.com, or a local store, and get one. You need
copper on the heatsink - and if you can get one where the whole entire heatsink is copper, that's the best. Expect to pay around US$30. It is worth the money.

I don't know much about CPUidle software - I just really recommend a new CPU fan NOW. You are lucky your CPU has not melted or been permanently damaged yet. CPU's should never run higher than 70 degrees Celsius - that's my opinion - and it's good if you can get them below 60 degrees Celsius.

XP PC keeps rebooting???

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I have also been experiencing some crazy reboots on my pc. I have a P4 1.6Ghz, 512MB RAM, Geforce4 MX440 - 64MB Ram, 40Gig HD and 120Gig Hd, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, 300Watt PSU and an ASUS motherboard with onboard sound, screen (VIA chipset) and LAN.

I bought the pc with the 40 Gig HD and everything worked fine. Ocasionally when I installed new NVIDIA drivers my pc would bomb out so I just went back to and older driver. Then I wanted to start doing some video editing etc.

I bought the 120 Gig HD and soon after that installed XP SP2. Then for some or other reason my pc started to just reboot. I will for instance be playing age of empires 1 and as soon as I start attacking the enemy - boom, it restarts. I will be capturing video and after about 5 to 10 minutes it restarts, but not always. This is the wierdest :rolleyes: !!

The CPU is not overheating (I used the ASUS util to check this), I removed my modem - no better, I formatted the 40 Gig and used the whole drive for C: (Windows and programs), all data on D. Drives formatted as NTFS. etc. etc. etc.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back