PC Overheating badly

Ok, this started a few days ago
My pc started to reach 90+ degrees Celcius when I used it for more then 1 and a half hour
The fans seem to be quiet when its 90c+ for some reason
eventually, it gets to 100c+ even if I close all the applications it still remains a 100c or more
it throttles (goes to 0.8ghz lmao) and shuts down at 105c.
(I have tried reapplying the thermal paste)

What could be the issue?

I have seen this problem with failed (Or hooked up incorrectly) water pumps on water cooled CPUs. I have also seen this when the air cooler is not firmly attached at all 4 points. Check the that the CPU cooler is not popped up on one corner (I see this on Intel coolers a lot).

Oh I see you are using an older CPU so it is unlikely you are using a water cooler. I also missed the point that you took it apart already for this problem to renew paste and the problem is still there. The screenshot shows that fans are running too slowly. The problem has to be there.

It is an air cooler and it is properly placed on the mobo, Tho when I turn on the pc, the fans spin at 2.5k RPM at first and they slow down over time

Yah exactly...too slow. Perhaps reset BIOS to defaults to see if there is any change and remove any speedfan-type programs that are changing the fan speeds. When the CPU is cooking those babies should be at full speed.

Last edited:
Yah exactly...too slow. Perhaps reset BIOS to defaults to see if there is any chance and remove any speedfan-type programs that are changing the fan speeds. When the CPU is cooking those babies should be full speed.
I changed the fan, and did some bios changes it worked!!

Back