PC-LCD screen via VGA

TridentCrash

Sorry if not correct thread. I'm desperate for help!

Long story short, for the longest of times my laptop (HP 2000, Windows 7, Vision AMD) hooked up to my 26" Dynex LCD screen via VGA. It does not seem to work anymore. I either get "no signal" or "mode not supported". It will switch between the two messages about every 2-3 min, even without me changing any settings. I've played with all the settings, I.e res. refresh rate,and so on. I have tried every conceivable idea I have gotten. I have hooked my laptop up to other monitors with the same cable, no problems at all. I have also tried hooking up a diffrent pc to this TV and they will work. I have no idea why my laptop wont work for this screen anymore.

Maybe at some point something with your computer system has been changed. Kind of odd for it to work one day and not the other. Did you make any recent changes to your system that you know about? Did you mistakenly change a setting or two inside your display control panel?

Also a quick question, I see via the official owners guide @ http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02753308.pdf , that your computer does indeed have a HDMI port. Have you try'd that at all, does the television your trying to connect to have a HDMI port as well? If you haven't, you might want to try, for HDMI is much easier to deal with than VGA or DVI.

Good luck! :)

Hmm. Odd. My model does not have the HDMI port. And as for the settings I have not changed anything and can not seem to find out what may be wrong. this is reallying starting to errk me

Back