Pc machine! 1st one, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killik119

hey all.
as some of u may know, i've been trying to find parts to build a gaming pc. but im not making it, the site will build and deliver it for me. in both the bullitens i've posted, i have had great success with feedback, suggestions and solutions, and i've basically come down to THE build for my budget (AU$2000AU) and here it is.

-case-Cooler Master Centurion 534 Tower Case with 650W eXtreme Power Supply, $228
-mobo-Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Intel P35 Core 2-LGA775 DDR2/DDR3 Motherboard with PCI-Ex16, Serial ATA-II & GbE LAN, $208
-proccessor-Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz Dual-Core Processor, Socket LGA775, $283
-memory- Corsair 2GB TWIN2X2048-6400 DDR-II PC2-6400 Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB, 800Mhz), TWINX XMS Xtreme Performance Memory, $193
-hard drive-Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-II Hard Disk Drive with 16MB Cache, $145
-video card-nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 320MB PCI-Express Video Card with Dual DVI & TV Out, $406
-monitor-ViewSonic VA1912W A Series 19" LCD Monitor TFT Flat Panel Display with DVI, $306
all this plus warranty and stuff.
now im pretty sure this is what im gonna for. how do we think this will go with high end games?
thanx and seeya soon!

It looks like you are hitting the sweet spot where value for money is concerned from the research I've done. I'm attempting to build a new computer also, Im upgrading from
Processor: AMD64 3500+ 2.2ghz
RAM: 1gb RAM pc3200
Board: Abit AV8-3rd Eye (Socket 939)
GFX card: NVIDIA 6800GT 256mb

to

Processor: Q6600 Quad core 2.4ghz
RAM: 2gb OCZ Gold XTC DDR2 PC6400
Board: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
GFX: 8800GTS 640mb

I believe your new system will perform very well when running all existing games and very acceptable while running newer games (Crysis, Gears of War) also.

For some extra input, what do you think of the parts I'm considering? Do you think I could save money, and perhaps find a better deal? (Sorry to turn the thread on its head a little here, but I am scavenging for any suggestions where available)

Sounds good

killik119 said:
hey all.
as some of u may know, i've been trying to find parts to build a gaming pc. but im not making it, the site will build and deliver it for me. in both the bullitens i've posted, i have had great success with feedback, suggestions and solutions, and i've basically come down to THE build for my budget (AU$2000AU) and here it is.

-case-Cooler Master Centurion 534 Tower Case with 650W eXtreme Power Supply, $228
-mobo-Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R Intel P35 Core 2-LGA775 DDR2/DDR3 Motherboard with PCI-Ex16, Serial ATA-II & GbE LAN, $208
-proccessor-Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66Ghz Dual-Core Processor, Socket LGA775, $283
-memory- Corsair 2GB TWIN2X2048-6400 DDR-II PC2-6400 Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB, 800Mhz), TWINX XMS Xtreme Performance Memory, $193
-hard drive-Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 7200rpm Serial ATA-II Hard Disk Drive with 16MB Cache, $145
-video card-nVidia GeForce 8800GTS 320MB PCI-Express Video Card with Dual DVI & TV Out, $406
-monitor-ViewSonic VA1912W A Series 19" LCD Monitor TFT Flat Panel Display with DVI, $306
all this plus warranty and stuff.
now im pretty sure this is what im gonna for. how do we think this will go with high end games?
thanx and seeya soon!

Just one point.Be sure the Monitor and Video card have a DVI-D with HDCP
connection.The LCD monitor will.
You might have to buy the cable seperatly.$25 appox.
Don't use a vga connector for an LCD monitor.
:)

lol, sorry for the late reply, i was away from home all weekend.
@rik. i'll probably be running on vista, because it looks cool. i dont really know much about windows os, is vista the one i should be going for? i heard something updating the bios or something, but i dont know what they are.
@schmutz. i dont know much about pcs, infact this is my first pc, so ur asking the wrong guy. sorry
@zipperman. i think they both have dvi-d, all the parts that u can choose from iin the build to order section are compatible, so im guessing that they should work

Windows experience

I and many members have worked our way up from W3.1 to XP.
You can go Vista if you prefer,but not an installed version.
Buy and install your own Genuine cd.I also recommend since this is
your first PC,that you buy a Windows book.
Don't be concerned withthe name,;)
but Windows for Ideots is a very detailed book.
Read it from front to back.The rear index will help you solve many
problems,without posting here.Also Windows Help.
Be sure you understand a DVI-D connection or ask about more details.
:D

lol, thanx zipperman. i'll be sure to get a windows book. does the "D" at the end of DVI-D make much of a difference in the cable??

Yes it's different

It gives better (digital) performance.This is mine.
22" LCD Wide screen Multimedia Monitor
You can buy smaller if you can't afford a 22 " I't just an example of
DVI-D with HDCP (High definition)
Quote VQ.
Our VQL-22WSHD is prepared for anything you throw at it. With support for HDCP through the DVI-D connection you'll be ready to play HDCP protected content, and it'll sound great with the built-in stereo speakers. You'll also get great colour rendition with the panels 1680x1050 native resolution and 16.7 million colour display.

Learn more here.It needs a video card DVI-D connection.
http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonx1650/radeonx1650proagp/specs.html
My monitor.
http://www.visionquestce.com/content/view/20/52/lang,en/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back