PC monitor advice

EDO219

To accompany my new desktop, I am searching for a decent backlit LED monitor with a high resolution and a screen size circa 22". Preferably, I would like to spend no more than $200 on one. Here are the two I'm currently considering:

LG E2250T
  • 21.5" screen (diagonally)
  • 1920 x 1080 resolution
  • DVI and VGA port
  • 5 ms
  • $170

Samsung BX2235
  • 21.5" screen (diagonally)
  • 1920 x 1080 resolution
  • DVI and VGA port
  • 2 ms
  • $180

Has anyone been able to tell a difference between 5 ms and a 2 ms response times? I would be using the monitor for PC gaming and my PS3.

Samsung is my favorite brand of monitor.
guess clarity is far better than other brand. :)

go for samsung!

This Samsung BX2235 is one of the most vivid monitors I have ever seen and it is absolutely the lightest I have ever encountered of this size.

Tigerdirect gave me free 3 to 5 day shipping and it miraculously arrived the very next day. The monitor is very high quality. It's "buttons" are touch activated and the transparent trim is elegantly complemented by a subtle fuchsia tone. Thus far, I have tested it on two different computers and no drivers were required. Simply plug and play.

What most impressed me about this monitor was its perfectly even back-lighting. There are absolutely no visible waves of brightness where the old-school lamps typically are. The LEDs really shine through on this point.

SUMMARY ... The Samsung BX2235 is a great option for any one looking to buy their first external monitor or upgrade from anything 5+ years old. A side by side comparison of the Samsung BX2235 to a year-old, average lamp-lit LCD will clearly show this Samsung model to be superior in color vibrancy. However, the difference isn't worth $180 unless the user is very active in graphics design and photo-editing.

Did I mention it only uses 18 watts? :D

Back