PC Reboots during game play

Status
Not open for further replies.

koshi832

During game play, my son's new PC suddenly reboots. There are no Windows errors. I have all the new drivers, fans are working, and this is a new PC. It happens on any game. Any help appreciated

PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge OK
Evga geforce 8400gs 512mb pci-e
PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge OK
Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
AMD SATA Controller(Native IDE Mode) OK
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK
PCI Class USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller OK
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK
PCI Class USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller OK
Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio OK

If you installed the video drivers from a supplied CD, go th the PC or Video cards support website and dowload the video drivers from there. Also, make sure the new PC has all the Windows Updates installed...

I don't see your memory configuration. That could be helpful.
On new machines, you have a great deal of stuff installed that is new and was not tested... sometimes that is bad. Particularly optical drive, cpu fan, power supply. And sometimes they were simply damaged in the move or shipping.
Check your device manager by going to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager
to see if there are any yellow or red flags as they will indicate attention is needed.
If your memory is less than 1 GB, that could be the problem... or if it is low cost memory.
Hard to test for these: CPU fan... see if the heatsink and fan are firmly attached and not wobbly. Look for loose connection cords, but disconnecting then reattaching them. With hands protected with rubber or plastic, remove each memory module, then reinsert it to be sure it has not loosened in shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back