PC Shorts Out At Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediSlayer

I recently just built my own PC and whenever I turn it on, it simply stays on for about 2 seconds and then dies. I don't understand why it does this and was hoping you guys might be able to enlighten me.

The motherboard's light has a constant green glow, so I know power is being supplied to it, but whenever I click the button on the front panel to turn it on, the PC simply goes on for a split second then dies out.

Please note: Again, the motherboard's green light always stays on.

Reference: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic105906.html

BenchTest

This includes all not required components out (ie HardDrive so forth)

Also, I have had a couple that were caused by faulty fan (even new ones) to the CPU. You could try disconnected for 3 secs (holding on to the main power cord - to pull it out)

Hey,

I followed the instructions provided by the link you gave me, thank you. I finally got it to stop going out as soon as I hit the power button. Turns out one of the connectors wasn't installed, which now leads me to a new problem.

Basically, the system loads up, but stops at a screen where it displays a banner or logo of some corp. then has this error message saying "Chassis Intruded!" I'm not sure what to do, but I've tried hooking connectors to the chases intruded section on the motherboard with a connector that looks like it would fit, but no go. Any suggestions? Thanks.

EDIT: Please note that I am currently using a non-intergrated GFX card from my old computer on this new computer until my new GFX card arrives for this new PC that I am currently having trouble with. I am guessing that the intruded chassis error is displaying because of the graphics card, but I'm unsure how to get around it.

No it's in CMOS
You can disable chasis intrusion in there

DEL or F2 or some key, when you first turn on to get to CMOS setup

I've tried several ways of getting into the CMOS setup; however, what usually ends up happening is that the computer just going to chassis intruder. Its worth noting, though, that when I press certain keys during boot up sometimes different intruder chassis show up.

Also, another thing worth nothing is that the graphics card I am temporarily using displays my old computer's BIOS tag during boot up. Perhaps I'm wrong, though.

I'm literally about to lose it with this new PC of mine. I took out the CMOS battery and put it back in, the settings reset, so I tweaked the BIOS again so that the CD-ROM drive was the first thing to boot when the computer was turned on, so that I could install the OS, or Windows XP. However, what I keep running into as a problem is that the computer continually gives me the dreaded "Chassis Intruded" error, which for me is the blue screen of death for my new PC.... I cannot seem to get past it and I tried changing settings I thought would have an affect at shutting off this program in BIOS, no such luck. I'm guessing I need to get into the CMOS itself, but without any knowledge, and a manual that doesn't say how, I'm boned.

Your current Bios should be A04

You can get your manual, and all other info from H E R E
This will help you find the key sequence to get into bios (CMOS)
to remove (disable) that silly intrusion issue

That only displays for the graphics card itself from the old computer I got the GFX from. I only used this old graphics card at the time because the new one had not YET come in.

Please note that I am using the BIOS from the new motherboard itself: P5K-E WiFi-AP

No idea what you just said :confused:

Just download the manual for the motherboard find the CMOS setup key
Remove the chasis intrusion

And check your m/b bios revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back