PC Start Up Issues. All Suggestions Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I just moved to a new city, across this great Canadian country of ours and got my PC shipped UPS.

It arrived it now doesn't work.

Background,

Brand new BioStar motherboard with AMD 3000+ processor. Installed a month before I moved, no issues. Brand new 500w Power Supply installed, same time as motherboard.

I turn pc on, it flashes my Video Card settings in top left corner. nVidia 256mb ddr
Then goes to green BioStar splash bios screen. Freezes there.

Does not go past this, or give me option to boot into any menu and I do not see DOS screen doesn't get that far.

I unplug hard drive, turn PC on, same issue. Just gets to bios screen as well.
So nothing to do with hard drive.

I then took the machine and stripped it right down of all peripherals..even took processor out, just basically reseated everything. \

Put it back together. Same thing

I do tech work and just wanted a 2nd opinion.

So, is it possible to be a processor issue?
I did process of elimination and seems it may be processor..

Thank you kindly guys!

Suggestion:-

It may be the HardDrive !! (Not exactly!)

On some computers with a faulty HardDrive ... (you know the rest)
But, if the HardDRive is removed (+ data cable) the bios may hang looking for the HardDrive (this hang, can be up to 10mins or more)

It may be the Ram (similar to CPU) I would suggest booting up with a Memtest CD (if it gets passed the boot sequence ie 10 mins!) Or try replacing and testing

It can be the PowerSupply (you should know this) Try another

Did you actually fully BenchTest ?

5. Try H E R E too

^^

Thanks.

I tried most of that except the CMOS reset.. I took the battery out but couldn't find correct jumpers to reset that..

Any help?

It's been cleaned and started up with 1 stick of ram, and then switched it up.
Still just goes to the bios splash screen and fails.

You need to download your Manual (as stated in the Tutorial)
To locate your jumper that resets the CMOS settings

CPU's are seldom if ever the problem unless they have had overheating issues in the past and are damaged. If it was the CPU you would not even get to the BIOS screen, same goes for RAM. I assume since you have a new mobo you have a new cpu. Your most likely culprit is defective ram. It can also be a defective motherboard.. Some motherboards just dont like certain brands of RAM so it may get as far as the BIOS screen but will not past that. Not even considering the hard drive because if that was the problem you would get an error message indicating that it was not able to boot or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back