PC Upgrade for Gaming and Work(architecture)

Hi there,

Long time gamer and architecture student here who is planning to upgrade his PC!
So I´ve been looking all around the web for potential upgrades and I am getting pretty confused about all the new stuff out there and what would be optimal for me to get.

herer is my current setup:

Xeon® Prozessor E3-1231V3, CPU
GeForce GTX 970 OC, GPU
GA-H97-D3H, Mainboard
HR-02 Macho Rev. B, Cooler
Pure Power CM L8 530W
+ 16gb ram and a 500GB ssd

Im definetly looking to upgrade my graphics card, but I don´t know what else might be a problem in the near future. So, I´ll be very happy for any kind of Help with this. /what is my bottleneck in the current system what are my options? (got a pretty good budget for upgrades atm so im pretty open for anything!)

What is the percentage of work to gaming? When you say work, is it something like CAD, photo/video editing, and/or rendering? What games are you playing? This will help us pick the best options for you.

Your current processor is catered towards the work side of things but doesn't mean it can't game. We just need to know what the work/play ratio is.

When I built the pc it was more catered towards work, thats why I choose the xeon. Right now I´d say its about 50/50, maybe a bit more fokused on gameing acctually! (also, work= cad,rendering and editing)

Your processor is about equal to a 4th gen i7, so not too bad. You'll need to get a new MB and memory if you get a new processor, so you'll need to determine if you want to do that or not. As for a GPU, I would get the 1070 or 1080 as they would be a great upgrade over your current 970.

Back